Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I literally just signed up to this forum. It's great to find others who have poodles. I have a standard silver. Her name is Lulu, she's 1-1/2. I'm worried that my girl has an ear infection.

She's never had one before. I've been lax about cleaning her ears for the past several weeks and just did so the other day. I noticed that one of her ears is quite red. I haven't noticed an odour and I haven't seen her scratching or shaking unusually, until just now when I cleaned out her ears again (I use a 50/50 solution of vinegar and alcohol with a few drops of tea tree oil).

She has a fair amount of ear hair and it needs to be cleaned out, but I can't bring myself to do it, which is probably why this happened. My question is, should I take her to the groomer and have them clean out her ears while she has a sore, or infected ear? Or should I go straight to the vet?

Thanks for any help you can offer! I can't seem to post on the grooming page. Not sure why.

kathy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lulu's Ear Infection (?)

Thanks to both of you for the information and your good wishes. It was late last night when I found this forum, so my brain wasn't registering well.

I think I'd made up my mind overnight to take her to the vet. She's not a complainer, but I'm pretty sure it's an infection. At least this way I'll know for sure what one looks like.

I'm very excited to have this forum! I guess I better post a pic of Lulu!

Kathy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.