Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG feet take me so long. I hate them!:doh: There are little toes and toenails to go around and pads and webbing. I've been saving feet for last lately. At least with Mia she sits down on the table and I can rest myself as I do her feet. She's the best puppy I've ever groomed. She will pull a foot but leave it and her face is done better than Harry's because she stays so still. The only thing she moves on is her neck, weird.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Oooooooo! I LOVE doing feet! I know... I'm weird!! :lol: It does take me a little bit of time to do them well and a lot of times I'll do Lucy's feet and then when we're just hanging out, I'll notice something I missed - Back on the table she goes!! Luckily she's very patient with me, too and if I can tell she's getting beyond her attention span, I may take a little break and then come back to it. I love kissing and rubbing her freshly shaven toesies!! :wacko: Does that make me odd? :lol:

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Oooooooo! I LOVE doing feet! I know... I'm weird!! :lol: It does take me a little bit of time to do them well and a lot of times I'll do Lucy's feet and then when we're just hanging out, I'll notice something I missed - Back on the table she goes!! Luckily she's very patient with me, too and if I can tell she's getting beyond her attention span, I may take a little break and then come back to it. I love kissing and rubbing her freshly shaven toesies!! :wacko: Does that make me odd? :lol:
This is me - so we might just be a pair of oddballs!

kpoos - if I lived near you, I would do your spoos feet if you did my spoos top knots!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
This is me - so we might just be a pair of oddballs!
I'm just glad I'm not alone! :) Kpoos, if we lived closer I'd do your spoos feet and you could eat bonbons! :lol: I never thought of it before, but maybe I have a spoo foot fetish...? :wacko:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would SOOO be a deal! I love topknots! I also like scissoring and shaping. I just hate feet. They take too long and are so tedious.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
my sister hates them also ! lol

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Yep, feet!! Some of the spoos are good and some are tedious. I am patient but sometimes I have to cool the shaver several times before I can finish a single foot. I have to be extra patient when one keeps pulling the back foot rhythmically as I stand there and just hold on until they stop. I never say anything; i just stand there holding onto the foot until they are quiet and go back to shaving. And I LOVE clean shaven feet!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, feet!! Some of the spoos are good and some are tedious. I am patient but sometimes I have to cool the shaver several times before I can finish a single foot. I have to be extra patient when one keeps pulling the back foot rhythmically as I stand there and just hold on until they stop. I never say anything; i just stand there holding onto the foot until they are quiet and go back to shaving. And I LOVE clean shaven feet!!
This is EXACTLY what Mia did last night. It was like a little dance between us. She would pull pull pull and I would just stand there waiting for her to relax and stop pulling and then I'd start working. I have 3 #10 blades and the Laube and I still have to change blades and clippers to work on feet. With Harry he won't sit down so I get a sore back from bending over to do his feet. He's gotten a lot better about the pulling though.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I've gotten faster at feet lately, another groomer once told me to just hold the blade to the foot the other way, it's hard to explain but the back of the blade gets the little annoying hairs around the nails much easier then the right way.

Vega and Dodger are wonderful for feed though, i probably wouldnt enjoy doing it on a dog that dislikes it. I've actually never had a dog fight me when I was doing the feet though.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Can't offer any advice, but it's good to know Mia is doing good for her grooming! Also look on the bright side, I'm sure Spoo feet are easier than toy feet.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know about toys but I have done a mini's feet before and they were so much easier. The smaller they are they less time because less space. The mini poo was done so much faster than the adult spoo feet. The thing with smaller dogs though is to have that smaller cordless clipper to get them clean.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I dont like/dislike it. I dont like the time it takes me, but i can do all feet in about 10-15min. I dont like doing the back feet (esp the back left)! For some reason i can never get a good angel on them no matter which way i have Ry face. I too cant go without clean poodle feet though!
If a dog is pulling their feet away i give a firm "stop" command. Nice calm "good boy/girl" when they are good. I dont tollerate misbehaving/pulling while grooming.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
on a dog that's not pulling; I LOVE doing poodle feet!!! I loathe it on a dog that keeps up that rhythmical pulling though. lol! And of course, Paris is good at it, so I love doing her feet!! I love the look of a freshly shaved foot (with at least a 30 blade), they're like little hands. Mmmmmm

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think the standards are much easier than the smaller ones. Less chance of nicking the foot and the bigger foot is easier to get the blade in and out. Just use one of those little clippers to clean up stray hair after zipping the hair off with the big clippers. With practice you can get them done in 2 minutes a foot.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I love doing feet too! Rogan is a bit of a puller, but I think with time he will grow out of this... I'm starting to get a lot firmer with him... I didn't want to be too harsh in the beginning since he was still a young pup but, now he knows that he should listen to mom and just wait til I'm done! And he's getting better! We love clean feet so much, we've started taking pictures of just his feet!! (my daughter has even done Rogan's feet a couple times ... she's 14!) I think it's key to have the right clipper... I use a little cordless battery operated one, and it's way easier to manouver then my bigger Andis one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts