Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my best friend came by for a drink, and her daughter moved away with her little dog. She says to me (here husband has cancer and loves dogs) could I take one of your girls home for a sleep over (Cayenne and Sage have never been without me, and Bella I bet has been at least 8 years), so I said Bella is the best. So out the door she went and I love my friend I could not sleep she sent me this photo. So she brought her back at 9 this morning. She carried her in and when Bella saw me she starts screaming, I took her and she kept scratching my shoulder crying with her head under my chin. I know they were attached but not that bad. I had sent toys, food blankets. Put her out at 6:30, she never went to the bathroom for my friend and would not eat, but snuggled in bed with them. The picture is not the best as she was just groom and looks better and not as red.

I was afraid to send Sage and she is still a little shy, and Cayenne uses a potty patch and neither have been away from me. But my friend will be my new dog sitter if I ever need one, as she adores them also.
seelp ove tresea.jpg

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
It's so thoughtful of you to share your baby. Poor little Bella couldn't know that it was just for a day and that she was coming back to you all.

Maybe some shorter visits in the daytime?

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's so thoughtful of you to share your baby. Poor little Bella couldn't know that it was just for a day and that she was coming back to you all.

Maybe some shorter visits in the daytime?
Yes I need to start that with all of them, as I am a little protective over them, and they need to be comfortable with other people, incase I had to go to hospital, or something. I am sure in time they would adjust but I did not think it would bother her that much as she loves my friend and knows her.

My first poodle when I was married and about 25 loved to go to Auntie Alma's and Uncle Morris for the weekend. I had him trained to get his overnight bag, blanket, toys and put them in the foyer (I added the food and brush to the bag). My husband went out on weekends and my aunt did not want him left by himself (she adored him, as she does these). I think what did it was every night before bed at auntie's he got ice cream, none at home. LOL

·
Registered
592 Posts
It's funny how different all our dogs are, and how different our dog / owner relationships are.

My dogs would happily go live with whoever promised the most ball throws, and biggest bowls of kibble.

·
Registered
12,504 Posts
That was kind! When Poppy and Sophy were going to stay with a friend while I was on holiday we did lots of short visits, with treats and walks for them. Having happy associations with both my friend and her house really seemed to help them to settle (Sophy is another who tries to hitch lifts with anyone with biscuits in their pocket, but Poppy is a full-on velcro poodle!)

Reactions: glorybeecosta

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Yes I need to start that with all of them, as I am a little protective over them, and they need to be comfortable with other people, incase I had to go to hospital, or something. I am sure in time they would adjust but I did not think it would bother her that much as she loves my friend and knows her.

My first poodle when I was married and about 25 loved to go to Auntie Alma's and Uncle Morris for the weekend. I had him trained to get his overnight bag, blanket, toys and put them in the foyer (I added the food and brush to the bag). My husband went out on weekends and my aunt did not want him left by himself (she adored him, as she does these). I think what did it was every night before bed at auntie's he got ice cream, none at home. LOL
This is sweet and hilarious. I picture the little guy mulling over his toys, deciding which goes best with ice cream :)

Reactions: Streetcar

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
aI totally understand Renn also does not like to leave my side. He will yelp and cry if someone tries to walk him away from me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts