Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend was over earlier this morning hanging out with my friend and I. She made us breakfast and we just hung out on the couch talking and watching tv. He left around noon, I headed back upstairs to hang out with my friend. I called Atticus and he never came, I walked around the house and in every room calling him and couldnt find him. I checked the backyard and he wasnt here. I had a heart attack, and was about to burst into tears! I walked out the front door to ask my brother if he had seen him and Atticus was sitting outside infront of the door on the doormat for a good 10 mins. I picked him up petting him and telling him he was sucha good boy for not running away. I texted my boyfriend telling him he let my dog out and hes like yeah I saw. And I of course was pissed he didnt even say anything! Like Wth?! Atticus didnt have his collar on since we just woke up and I take it off at night hadnt put it back on yet. He must of ran outside to go potty when my bf left and couldnt get back in. He usually trys to run away if he gets out and I'm so glad he didnt! Ahhhh, I still cant believe this happened. Pissed at the bf at the moment, he doesnt really care about animals which is frustrating. ugh. Just glad my baby is still here with me.

I'm done ranting. haha

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just wondering why you take his collar off at night. What if there was an emergency in the middle of the night and he was to get outside and left behind and had no collar to help get him back home. Is he at least microchipped? As far as the BF goes I would be pissed also. My boyfriend isn't exactly the animal person I am but he knows how much they mean to me and would never have left my dog outside.
I'm so glad that he was a good enough boy to hang out until "mom" let him back in!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering why you take his collar off at night. What if there was an emergency in the middle of the night and he was to get outside and left behind and had no collar to help get him back home. Is he at least microchipped? As far as the BF goes I would be pissed also. My boyfriend isn't exactly the animal person I am but he knows how much they mean to me and would never have left my dog outside.
I'm so glad that he was a good enough boy to hang out until "mom" let him back in!
He likes to chew on his tags and mess around with his collar, and the noise drives me insane! I take it off when he goes in his crate as well, just because I've heard of dogs getting choked by their collars in the crates and it scared the crap out of me. And yes he is microchipped. :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
He SAW that little Atticus got out and didn't let him back in? Or call you to tell you? :( :( He could have gotten hurt or lost or stolen! :( :(

Wow, that is really not right. Time to dump the boyfriend!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have to say sometimes that jingling sound drives me crazy too! Did the BF know that your pup has the tendency to run away if he gets out? Did he say he was sorry...or anything?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah he said sorry, but only after I yelled at him telling him how pissed I was. I just cant believe he didnt say anythign after he saw him run out! Now he's trying to tell me how was he suppose to know he'd run away and blah blah blah. His family has a puppy Atticus' age too, so I figured he'd know itd run away if it got out. Theyre only puppies, they chase after things and will run away!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I agree with the others here....if your BF had told you Atticus was out so you could keep an eye on things, well, that is one thing, but wowie...this could have had a much different outcome. The BF either needs to be intensely educated or booted to the curb. If he cares about you he must know how much your animals mean to you!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
he doesnt really care about animals which is frustrating.
This right here would be a good reason that he shouldn't be your bf anymore... My daughter is 19 years old and she's learned that a guy isn't worth dating if he "doesn't really care about animals" because they are such a big part of her life. It's just a waste of time really - unless YOU think you'll get to a point in your life where YOU won't really care about animals either... My vote is to look for someone a little more compatible - they ARE out there (I know, I'm married to one!!) :) Good luck!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I agree with all the others. BF is a real jerk! So much could have happened to your little dog. Think seriously about whether this is a man you really want in your life. What kind a a father would he make?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I plan on breaking up with him after this. He's just been doing one thing after another to make me mad. I'm just really sick of him right now and I honestly care about my dog waayyy more than him.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I plan on breaking up with him after this. He's just been doing one thing after another to make me mad. I'm just really sick of him right now and I honestly care about my dog waayyy more than him.
LOL! I am happily married now (just married, in fact), but over the years I have found that dogs are better companions than many men!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I could never date or marry someone who didn't like dogs. My husband was a cat person, and I quickly converted him to dogs. :lol: I'm sorry your BF did that, and I'm so glad Atticus didn't get hurt! Better to know what he's like now, rather than later.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Another vote for dumping the BF! How a person treats animals is a very good indication of how they treat people.

Glad Atticus is okay. I think if anything had happened to him, we would be rounding up a poodle posse to pay your BF a friendly little visit.

Is this the first thing we've all agreed on? LOL

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I am not the person who puts animals before humans BUT EVEN I lol am telling you that your BF has some "screws missing" in his head !!!! If anything, he knows how much you care about that pup and that ALONE should have been a reason to alert you of his whereabouts even if he hates dogs , period :doh:

He is just not a "good material" LMAO - so find somebody smarter and more caring and do not waste your time with that "airhead" ;) !!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I guess I'll weigh in on this one too. That was incredibly uncaring of him to just leave and not do anything to notify you that Atticus got out. It is a dangerous world out there for our furbabies. It is generally true that if someone does not care for animals, they won't care for much else in life either.

Just a note....please try to use something other than 'I had a heart attack" as a header for a thread. I was scared to open the thread and find that one of my friends on the forum had actually had a real heart attack!! I am so very relieved that it was not the case.

I'm happy for you that Atticus remained home like a good boy and all turned out well. Good luck with dealing with the BF.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts