Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually think i did a really good job! He looks like something i would actually pay money to have done!! I used a 5f on his body, a 1" comb on his legs and blended them into the body. I used a 5 on his ears/tail too (i dont really like the skinned ears on him). I also took his TK down alot. That is the area i have the most trouble scissoring, but i did a Ton better! I will try and get pictures tomorrow. I am very pleased, and saved myself 70 bucks! Since Nov. i have been grooming him myself (i have maintained his f/f/t from the begining, but i rarely was fully grooming him myself), and saved over 300$!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Good for you to have the courage to groom your own dog. We did the same thing and are very happy that we did. It gets better with practice and before you know it you will be doing it like you had always been. Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ohhh well done! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
OK you are being a tease!!! We want to see pics!

And I am with you, I am saving lots of $$$ and learning as I go:)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yes I agree pics please!!!!!!!!!! I've just started learning to do fft and am so excited and impressed when anyone does the whole poodle.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Gonna hop on the bandwagon: PICTURES!!! :D Can't wait to see! Good for you, it sure feels good to get the whole dog done yourself, huh? I feel so accomplished after I completely groom Desmond, lol. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good job! Riley looks cool, comfortable, and it's a nice masculine look. Good on you!

When I put Beau in a German clip, I shaved his ears to the skin, then put a faux diamond stud on one ear (one of those stick-on jewels from a grooming supplier)! I just loved the way he looked, and he did, too! lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good job! Riley looks cool, comfortable, and it's a nice masculine look. Good on you!

When I put Beau in a German clip, I shaved his ears to the skin, then put a faux diamond stud on one ear (one of those stick-on jewels from a grooming supplier)! I just loved the way he looked, and he did, too! lol
Ooh, what a fun idea! I always wanted to get a clip-on ring for Flash's ear, but I'm sure he'd shake it off right away. :p

Nice groom on Riley! That's one of my fave clips on male standards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts