Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the allergies started, I was pleased as punch with Mister's back paws. He was very good and I cut them as short as I could get them! 2 hours later, I was paying for it.
If you think about it, I basically snorted dog powder...

Oh, the woes of being allergic to dogs.

I'm guessing most of you expert poodlers know to wear protective gear while dremeling but I thought it was fine to just do it outside. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. Next time, I will be wearing glasses and a mask.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Yeah always a surprise what kicks off a allergic reaction, although I read that as gun powder instad of dog soooo

·
Registered
870 Posts
I tried a mask. This is the best system I found - I have a air filter fan on my room 24/7 and point it towards us when I dremel Basil's nails... So the particulate flies away from me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried a mask. This is the best system I found - I have a air filter fan on my room 24/7 and point it towards us when I dremel Basil's nails... So the particulate flies away from me.
this is great I'm going to try this!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Next time, I will be wearing glasses and a mask.
I find eye protection to be really important, as a hard bit of nail flying in your eye could do serious damage. I wear protection glasses on top of my regular glasses.

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Oh, ugh, that reaction must not be fun. Nail salons are supposed to have their workers wear N95 masks to protect against nail dust. (It would really gross me out to think I was inhaling someone else's fingernail dust if I were in that industry.) It makes sense you'd need a mask when doing dog nails too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts