Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Rune. He will be coming home in 2 weeks when he is 9 weeks old. I got to pick him out today. I'm glad I went because there were only 4 pups left when I got there.

I'm so excited now that I can picture his face.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Such a sweet baby!! Is he blue or silver? I can just imagine how excited you are waiting for the time to pass. I hope it goes quickly for you. Congratulations.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's a silver. I met the parents and a dog out a previous litter of those dogs. She was beautiful. He was the biggest boy left. I'm hoping he will clear to look like his big sister Jenna.

·
Registered
258 Posts
He is so adorable, so tell us what made you pick him??? Oh goodness, i just cant get over that face!!!! Agh, so cute!!!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here's the story. The process kept changing based on whether the breeder was keeping one. I started getting worried that there may only be 1 left when I got there. So I talked to her and she said she was letting the people who came to see them early pick 3 they liked, but you couldn't choose yours until she picked hers.

I went up there with the intention of picking 3 that I would take. It's a 3 hour drive, but I was thinking "I'm gonna really be mad at myself if I get there in 2 weeks and I get the left overs." So off I go. Wow was that a lucky decision!!!

I get there and there are only 4 pups in the x-pen instead of 8. She was letting everyone go ahead and pick their pup having decided not to keep one!!! I must say I felt kind of let down not having been told this sooner, or I would have gone sooner. Or atleast I feel that it should have gone in order of deposit, but I digress.

I played with them and held them all. I picked 2 I liked and got them out to run around the room, and I sat in the floor. The little green boy immediately took off and wouldn't have anything to do with me. The white boy was the most outgoing and very sweet. He is the biggest of what is left, and she says her favorite of the litter conformation wise. I didn't see the other pups so I can't say about them. She has a nice set up and all the dogs were nice.

My only gripe is the way the rules kept changing. I kinda feel like it should've been handled better, but I'm happy with him. Now if I had driven 3 hours expecting to see the whole litter and only had 2, or worse 1 pup to see, I would have had a big problem with it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
OH, I am so glad you got there on time --- sheeeeshhhhh :arrogant (2):- what was THAT all about !!!!!?????? Just ridiculous !!!!

So... she let some pups to go at 7 weeks :rolffleyes:- oh well... I guess I should stop being surprised by anything by now :doh:

I am so happy to hear that you had at least 4 pups to choose from : ))) and found the perfect one for you : ))) !!!!

He is REALLY cute and will be even more handsome once he becomes "silver boy" : )))

I wish you the best of luck and may you have many, many happy years together !!!! : )))

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She didn't let them go home yet. Just let people reserve the one they wanted. She had them in the back I guess. It worked out alright. He's a nice boy imo.

I can't wait till he starts clearing. I can't wait to get him home either. It' harder now that I have a face to think about.

·
Registered
918 Posts
He's a cutie!

I hate when breeders don't communicate well. It's frustrating as a buyer to think you've gotten all the information and then get there to find out the game has changed without you knowing. I'm glad you had a happy ending regardless!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
ugh- it seems to me the 'order of pick" seems to chnge through out with lot of breeders. One thing i'm going to try hard to not do with kiah's litter next year.

IE right now i'm the ONLY one with deposit down... but i'm not sure that i'm top of the list (fter the breeder) for a pup.... as she says she's going in order of first contacted *Sigh*

Kiah i was first pick after breeder- but i choose a girl so only had two to pick from (WEll breeder picked not me) so choice ws very ilimited (or waiting until the other litter was older to evluate)

yOUR boy is ADORABLE!

·
Registered
139 Posts
congratulations on the new family member. He is a cutie. We just got are new standard pup I could not sleep the night before we picked her up I was so excited.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rune is coming home on Sunday!!! I'm so excited!!!

I can't wait. Lots more pictures I promise!!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
You must be on pins and needles knowing you get your baby tomorrow. I hope you get a little shut-eye tonight!! I'm so excited for you and wish you the best in the your future years together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts