Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new pup. I got her yesterday and I did not have much sleep last night. She got car sick on the way home. She was howling and crying all night so I decided to sleep on the floor beside her crate. She still cried so I took her out and sleep on the couch with her.
I hope tonight she sleeps better.
When I introduced her to my 2 year old standard she actually growled and attacked him. I was shocked and though that she will be an aggressive dog.
I did not know what to think. So today was a better day and she was wagging her tail at Indy my other dog. No biting or growling.
I guess she was overwhelmed. I hope she will be okay around other dogs, because I do not want an aggresive dog. My other 2 dogs that I had before were aggressive with other dogs, and it was not fun.
I introduced her to a 5 month old husky that was walking by my house today, to see what she would do and she was fine, but I little shy.
She goes to the washroom outside everytime I take her out.
She sits already and gives a paw just in one day.
The breeder was feeding her presidents choice but I will be switching her to From puppy food.
I will take her to the vet this week for a check up.
She is great in every way but I am still worried that she will be aggresive.
Maybe she was very scared the first time I brought her home and Indy is very big, that could be why she acted that way.

Her name Is Ilusion.
That is Ceaser Millans the dog whisperers wifes name.
I love it but my husband does not, my son likes it. But I don't care, I love the name.

Here is some pictures.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
When I introduced her to my 2 year old standard she actually growled and attacked him. I was shocked and though that she will be an aggressive dog.
I can't see pictures either!

Is it possible that rather than being aggressive, she was trying to play? Small puppies can play with growling and lunging, which may be what she was doing... Watching my future pup today, he was lunging at the adult dogs' feet and making growling noises. It was just in play though.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Illusion!! What a pretty name btw :) congrats on your new baby, hopefully things have settled down for her a little now ! She's ADORABLE!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the nice replies. She was really attacking and then she peed while barking and biting, so I guess she was frightened of Indy. I thought all puppies like every dog and always run up to other dogs while wagging their tail. I was hoping for a good first time meeting.
Hopefully everything will work out with my two dogs.
Now she is sleeping but I want to take her out for her potty break, I hope she falls back asleep, I have to work tomorrow and get up at 6:00 a.m. She comes to work with me, I know I will be up many times tonight.
Wish me a good night sleep and if I have time I will let you know how we did and post more pictures tomorrow.
Good night.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh my goodness... her face is absolutely GORGEOUS!! She's stunning, I hope the aggressive response was just due to being overwhelmed. Give her some extra positive socialization just in case though, as it seems she is prone to fear aggression. Lots and lots and lots of socialization to make sure she grows up good! :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
She's a cute little thing! Pretty face.

She's had a big couple of days, a lot happening at once. She'll probably be fine once settled in. Perhaps let her meet the new dogs at her own pace and with a little space between them.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Adorable!!! I love her! I think she was just overwhelmed by all the Major changes happening in her little life in one day. I would not personally be worried at that one encounter. How have the others gone? I bet she will do better next time in the day.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
She's adorable, what a sweet little thing. I agree, she was probably just overwhelmed by the big changes. Coming to a new home can really stress out a tiny puppy!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Awww she is so stinkin cute!

I agree with everyone else, that she was just scared, some dogs stand up to what scares them rather than run away.

With some positive training Im sure she will be fine

I like her name!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
She is a little cutie. Would love to hear more about how she is adjusting, or perhaps what Indy is thinking of her. More than anything, it would be neat to see some more photos.

I'm having puppy envy! :love:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, thanks for the nice comments, she is black but the lighting in the picture of her face make her look lighter.
She is fine with Indy now. They were playing hide and seek today and wrestling. I will try and post pictures later.
She is a little shy with new people, I hope she over comes that problem.
She did growl at me last night though. I sit in the living room where her crate is and wait for her to fall asleep. I have a wire cage. She can see me. I thought she was sleeping so I tippy toed to my bedroom at midnight and she lifted her head and I stood still and she started growling at me. I started to talk to her and she got better. I guess she did not know it was me and I was standing still.
She only woke up once last night at 4:30 a.m. and I took her outside and she did all her business and then wanted to play outside in the dark.
I put her back in her cage and waited a few minutes and she fell asleep until 6:00 a.m. That is when I get up.
I have another problem with her teeth, I will make a new thread.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
She is very cute girl : )!!!

Hopefully she will settle down soon nicely !!! Try to start with as much socialization as you can with other dogs and people and she should get much better soon.

:rainbow:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
She just seems really unsure at this point and her defense mechanism is to ward off anything that frightens her by growling. Mia growled and snapped at Harry through her crate when they first met. It took her a few meetings through the crate before she was more relaxed and then they were fine together. She never growled at any of us and is very submissive to us. Did you get this puppy temperament tested before you chose her?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts