Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A brand new Bravura for around about half price - the cardboard packaging was damaged and there seemed to be very little interest. Now I can get my Andis serviced and the blades sharpened. But first I need to work out how to put the Bravura together, how to charge it, etc, etc - I find one of the perils of getting older is I really have to psych myself up to try something new. It took me four months to get round to setting up my new MacBook - once I did I fell in love within 24 hours, and I suspect the same will happen with the Bravura! I must get some combs for it, though - and double check the blade settings. I have never trimmed Poppy closer than a 10 blade, and don't want to give her razor burn at this late stage.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - I have found a reasonably good deal on just that set. I'm now watching for the Bravmini...

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I love the Bravura!! SO glad it was recommended to me here :) I do all my clipping on my dogs with it, even Frosty's thick coat, with no issue. I tried the combs, but none of them (plastic or steel) worked for me, so I just use the adjustable blade. They never get razor burn except for the time I clipped the face with the 40 against the hair (so I don't do that anymore). Have never nicked them once. Very user friendly :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Oh, you are so lucky to have gotten that clipper.....I love mine. It is so quiet and light weight. Cuts like butter..... Did you get the owner's manual for it?

There are likely to be some youtube videos about it as well. The blade pops on and off so easily for proper cleaning and lubricating. With my old, sometimes stiff, hands I can use it easily without getting sore hands or wrists.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I also bought mine on eBay for a screaming deal with a coupon. I have 2 arcos and now the brav, and I love them except for the blades wear down and break so quickly. I must have about 10 blades for mine. I find that after a couple of times of use they are dull.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I also bought mine on eBay for a screaming deal with a coupon. I have 2 arcos and now the brav, and I love them except for the blades wear down and break so quickly. I must have about 10 blades for mine. I find that after a couple of times of use they are dull.
I have probably ordered 10 diamond blades over the past two years, but I get them on sale, so it's not too bad. Cheaper than sending them to the groomer is the way I always look at it.

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on using it mainly for FFT, and the Andis for the heavy work - I'm hoping the blade will last a while grooming just one toy poodle!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
eBay can be super addictive and people bid something up at the last seconds because there are bidder/ sniping apps. I used one a long time ago to get a collectors item. Make sure the item you get can be returned and located closely. For the snipper app, you set the price at highest price you are willing to pay for and the app will autobid at the last second to the next highest price. It is a great tool so you don’t have to worry about a listing. The bravura is a great tool for small dogs because it is cordless and light weight. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always snipe on auctions these days - decide what I am prepared to pay, set it up, then try and forget about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts