Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I was so upset I didn't want to stay home, so I went to my friends house and spent the night. Belle stayed home, I didn't want to be around her because every time I looked at her I began crying, and it was just hard.

Well I texted my parents to let them know when I woke up at 9:00 and the plans I had for today..next thing I know my dad called me.

He told me that I can keep Belle as long as she is COMPLETELY potty trained by July!!

So now my friend and I got a book to help me out and I get to keep my puppy!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
You may have mentioned this in a previous thread, but does she have a crate? I really think crate training is the easiest way to potty train a dog. It might be a lot of work to go back and do it now, as opposed to the day you brought her home, but it may be your best bet. I really wished I done it with my Maltese when I got him, but I gave in. 4 years later I got my Rottweiler and started off with crate training, and he's had two accidents in 5 years! Both of those time were my fault b/c I didn't take him out when he was telling me he needed to go.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may have mentioned this in a previous thread, but does she have a crate? I really think crate training is the easiest way to potty train a dog. It might be a lot of work to go back and do it now, as opposed to the day you brought her home, but it may be your best bet. I really wished I done it with my Maltese when I got him, but I gave in. 4 years later I got my Rottweiler and started off with crate training, and he's had two accidents in 5 years! Both of those time were my fault b/c I didn't take him out when he was telling me he needed to go.
She does have a crate and I have been using it ever since the trainer at petsmart advised me to. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh I am so happy for you!!!! I was so upset for you!!! Sorry I didnt get back on yahoo chat, I just had to get my homework done...if you need to talk I can this next week since I am finishing school this week!!!!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That's great!

But, like Secreto, I have some concern about finishing her potty training in one month. I hope that everyone isn't setting the bar too high for Belle and for yourselves. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great!

But, like Secreto, I have some concern about finishing her potty training in one month. I hope that everyone isn't setting the bar too high for Belle and for yourselves. Good luck with it.
I know but all I can do is pray and have faith that she'll do it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do think she'll be able to be trained by then since I have already been working with her for so long and she's made a huge improvement since the day she showed up here and now ;).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts