Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She sounds like just what I'm looking for in size and temperament. She is 7 hrs from me but a weekend trip is doable. I'm waiting on more info.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
She's cute!! We drove to Winnipeg to pick up Lucy and drove home in one day! It was 6.5 hours each way... We got home around 1:30 AM but it was good to be HOME! :) Keep us updated and make sure to post more pictures if you get her!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Very impressive and sweet. Is she dark apricot or light red? I am still learning all the colors:)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
She is apricot. I used to have an apricot mini when I was in HS. Dixie was an absolute sweetheart. Here is another pic of her.
Thats what I was thinking too. She is so cute. Is it pretty much a done deal? Just depending your visit. I am so excited for you!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is 3 1/2 months old. Her dam is 22" and 35 lbs and sire is 24" and 50lbs. Perfect size for us!

No, it is not a done deal yet. I've emailed more questions to the breeder. I want to be at least 95% sure that this little sweetie is the one for us before we spend a weekend traveling to see her. You know how that can some times go though....she might get snatched up before next weekend. I sure hope not though.

Waiting for the info back, impatiently, I might add:), so I can send her the deposit to hold.

I'm not patient when I see what I want! LOL!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I sure understand! We had to drive 10 hours to pick up our puppy - it's hard to wait when you find the right one. Has she been temperament tested? I don't know how common that is, but it sure turned out to be right on for our little guy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I haven't heard back from the breeder yet. I left a vm and sent an email. Nothing. I'm going to just hope she is very busy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still no response from the breeder. Last communication was on Thursday. I'm thinking she sold her and doesn't want to tell me. Oh well. I'm REALLY bummed. We had planned to go and pick her up this weekend.

Now the search begins, again.:sad:

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Chin up, g8d!!! What's meant to be, will be!! Maybe the breeder was out of town for the weekend or something and will be back in touch soon - or, as you stated, maybe she's sold the puppy and doesn't know how to tell you (although I have a great relationship with the breeder I got Lucy from and if something like that would've happened, she would've been on the phone with me pronto!!) If this one has become unavailable, I know there's another baby out there just waiting for you!! Wishing you best of luck to find your perfect baby! :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YIPPEE!!!! Just talked to the breeder. We will be headed out to see this little girl On the 27th! I liked the lady and the puppy sounds absolutely delightful. she is calm, laid back, playful, sweet, loves to cuddle, likes other dogs and cats...keep your fingers crossed for me!

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
YIPPEE!!!! Just talked to the breeder. We will be headed out to see this little girl On the 27th! I liked the lady and the puppy sounds absolutely delightful. she is calm, laid back, playful, sweet, loves to cuddle, likes other dogs and cats...keep your fingers crossed for me!
:fingers-crossed: Good luck :fingers-crossed:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
KPoos, thanks for all your help! I hope this goes well and we bring home a new puppy, who is already crate trained and doing great on house training! The breeder is sending me updated pics tomorrow. She said the little darling had an itch and scratched her head on the fence. She broke off a patch of hair on her head. I sure hope it's not too bad, but hair grows back. If she is anything like my Cisko she'll have a full head in no time. LOL!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts