Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20181013_181214_1539468881339.jpg
Har, the band-aid made me laugh. I am asthmatic so I got my flu shot today. Of course my arm hurts

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
That little project is on my agenda this week too! Thanks for reminding us.

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's really easy these days when you can go the local pharmacy. I forgot twice since getting asthma and I regretted it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congrats Twyla! I got mine yesterday at work. It's been 24 hours and my arm no longer hurts.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I don't ever remember the flu shot causing a sore arm. Wonder what it is in this year's concoction. I'll be getting the thimerosal-free flu shot this week. I also appreciate the reminder!

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I plan to go this week too. I got my 1st ever flu shot last year but think now it is a good idea to get them each year, especially since one daughter works in a nursing home and the other in hospital so you never know what germs they may inadvertently bring home. Plus I still do a little babysitting here or there and once the kiddos go to school they are always sick with something.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I get a sore arm every year, sometimes a headache. It can be caused by tension in the muscle when the needle goes in. I've also been told that sore arm, headache, feeling icky is a sign of an immune response, which is desirable as it shows that the vaccine is working.

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
All right, seriously...did they put a little tetanus into this year's flu shot? My arm is sore and I've never had that reaction before!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Don't forget that if it has been 10 years (or more) since your last tetanus shot you need that, too. If you are older, you also need pneumonia and shingles vaccines. I have to get a new round of the last two since those vaccines have been greatly improved. I've had shingles (I used to break out with shingles whenever I knew my mother was coming to visit - she was a very difficult woman) and I can tell you it's painful.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Shingles is very painful and can have lasting consequences in the form of post herpetic neuropathy. Also if you are older there is an enhanced flu vaccine to have along with your pneumonia and shingles, tetanus and measles. Pneumonia, shingles and flu immunizations are likely to be able to get at a pharmacy. The others will take you to a doctor's office.

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Since I volunteer with the county, I'm current on all vax, titers, and TB tests. Even though the process was a PITA, I'm glad to be covered.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Got my pneumonia vac at my pulmonology appt but they were actually out of flu vaccine!!! So got my flu shot at RiteAid when I picked up my prescriptions! For me, either of those diseases could be fatal so they are a must have! Now, if I could just keep people in line from coughing on me........:bolt:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts