Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zulee had her first full groom today. I have been combing/brushing her and getting her accustomed to the clippers. I was nervous about shaving her face. It's not perfect. Figure time will help us both. She is a little wiggler, but we made it through just fine. Of course, I was bribing her with little tidbits of cheese!

She is just a little sweetheart. I know she is still pretty fluffy. I only have scissors to trim because I don't have the right clipper blades or combs to do the body. I still haven't quite decided how to shape her next cut. I'm considering growing her topnot. She's not real thrilled with the bows. She managed to get one out. LOL.

She will be 11 weeks tomorrow. She weighed 3.8 lbs at the vet and got really sore with her shots. She was a trouper though. Her favorite things: playing with her toys (including me and the hubby) and sleeping on her back. Right now she is either full on or full off.

She is learning her manners. Not quite consistent yet. She does do sit, down, and stand pretty well. She even does a sit/stay. So far, she hates the leash. We'll work on that one. Still working on potty training. If I get her outside often enough, she is a dream and learning her "go potty" command.

OK....so here's some pictures of little Zulee.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
BFF, Zulee looks absolutely adorable. I especially like the picture of her with the bows on her ears, taking cheese from your hand. Looks like you did an excellent job scissoring her. My girls always seem to manage to get at least one bow off, shortly after I put them on them. Looks like you are having a ball with your new baby girl.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! I just took a picture of the side that had the bow! Too funny. She had a really good groom when I got her. I was trying not to mess it up too much. She is certainly my fluffy bunny. :love:

·
Registered
335 Posts
You did a great job for a first groom! She is darling pup! The way I got my guys accustomed to the leash was to leave it on in the house when you are with them. You can catch them faster when you need to plus they get used to it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
How adorable! Looks like you did a great job for your first time. I love the first sleeping pic, looks like she had a good workout...lol.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Zulee is a dream babie. She looks soooo cute!!! Love how youngun's love to speep in weird positions like the couch picture. You must be a very proud Momma.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we need to see some pictures of Misa when she comes home! Zulee is sleeping in my arms! She's a bundle of :love:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I posted some before and after of my Misa Mi.

Zulee looks like a doll with the one bow! Misa "had" one on her hair, until she saw my husband and I coming in the door...she took off running and out it went....I got to see for about two seconds...LOL

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You did a great job grooming Zulee. Love the pic of her concentrating intensely on the leaf--you never know when those leaves are gonna jump up and grab you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts