Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter is wearing me down. I don't want another 6-12 inches of snow. :smow: I don't want any more heavy rain :rain: winds or icy sidewalks. I want to be able to take my puppy :dog: on long walks without having to wear a big coat and a scarf around my neck and face.

I hate the fact that I'm having to watch the Weather Channel!

If it sounds like I'm whining, it's because I am. :at-wits-end:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
We don't have the snow but this winter it's rained and rained and rained. I've lived here for 13 years and I've never seen anything like this. I hate it and I just want our normal weather back.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm sorry Marian. My parents live in Iowa, and a friend of our family's roof caved in under all the snow. My mom keeps joking she's going to stay out here next winter :lol: New York winters are pretty miserable as it is, being so wet and yuck out, I can't imagine with all the snow on top of that.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That really sucks about your friend's roof. I hope no one was hurt!

I spent 14 winters in Boston and this is my 10th one here, and I while I can definitely remember snowier winters, I can't remember one that was this brutally cold and windy.

:scared:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh , I am so sorry Marian :smow: : ((( !

You know- I am getting antsy here in CA since it is absolutely out-of -ordinary cold and rainy :wacko:- I know it can not be compared with what you are going through - just want to say I understand and am in ave of anybody who can live in such cold and snow for such a long time !!!!:hail:

I have such a cabin-fever - I am going nuts !!! As much as I am sorry I could not find a puppy this winter - some days I say to myself - maybe it was a good thing it did not happen THIS winter LMAO

And yes - no spring in site :doh:- they are predicting new and new and new waves of RAIN !!!!! I have moss growing under my redwoods !!!!!!!!! Ridiculous !!!!! O-O

·
Registered
81 Posts
There was a prediction of the mother of all snow storms coming on March 7th, from what I heard 40 inches of snow ACK!!! With the final snow fall on April 3rd... I'm so finished with snow. I think we should not have any after December 31st!

I'm praying that this is the last snow storm, I don't know how much more I can take of this stuff. My dogs love it, but I don't.

:doh:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My cousins in Austin are having snow. How crazy is that??

I'm a transplanted southerner and have lived in the northeast for almost half my life. I love the seasonal changes. I love knowing that if it's 100 degrees for a few days, it will soon be over. I also love knowing that if it's 20 degrees for a few days, that will be over soon too. This year, not so much.

The people I'm most in awe of are those who live in the mountainous north. The ones who have to endure temps below zero for weeks on end and feet of snow (I prefer my snow measured in inches, thanks).

God bless 'em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts