Poodle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Fenris, I’m so sorry. This is such a difficult situation for everyone and a lot for you to deal with. (((Gentle Hugs))). I’m so glad you get a say into Sisko’s new home. You have such a wonderful kind heart.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is so sad but it sounds like the right choice. I am new here but it sounds like you have put in so much work with him the last few years. I do rescue work and have fostered many dogs and he will be ok. And you.will be ok too. It is just going to be a sad and stressful time for a while.

·
Premium Member
23,619 Posts
I am sorry to see that you are at this difficult point, but applaud you for being generous in re-homing Sisko before the situation gets any worse. I hope rescue is able to help mke a great placement for him.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got tears in my eyes when I read your post. I am so sorry....Such a difficult and painful decision but it does sound like it’s the best for all. Years ago we had to rehome one of our kitties because of aggression issues. We had four cats at the time and they got along quite well. Then there was an incident between two of the cats and something switched and this kitty could never get over it and became more and more aggressive and stalked the other kitties and even us. I was bitten several times when I would just walk by him. We were so lucky in that our oldest son, who was with me when we got him from the Humane Society as a tiny kitten, was able to take him in and he lived to be an old kitty. Had he not taken him we would have had to rehome elsewhere as it really was unfair to him and especially the other cats.
Sometimes, despite our best efforts, things happen that we are unable to fix. It’s so hard but rehoming is, indeed, sometimes the best choice. You are making a wise, kind, brave and loving decision.
Sending you hugs during this painful time. Keep us updated as you can.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am really sorry, I hope you are doing okay.

You are doing the right thing, the safety of your cats matters too.

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’m so sorry about your cat @Spottytoes. Yeah, it seems to be the same way with Sisko. I know that sometimes when dogs and cats get into a fight they are never the same with each other.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I am really sorry, I hope you are doing okay.

You are doing the right thing, the safety of your cats matters too.
Thank you. I’m not really doing okay. I had huge great and fun plans for Sisko and I, and everything fell apart and didn’t go the way I wanted it to. The only thing is that Sisko will have an easy time in the perfect home for him and that I have a little bit more training experience now.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It’s a horrible feeling knowing that I won’t be able to get another dog for years, that this pandemic is going on, and no job working under a breeder, or trainer, and I still have not gotten any clients from Rover.com yet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I hope you get some clients soon, so you can spend some time with dogs.

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
Oh Ferris, so sad -but you have made it by loving Sisko - this must be very hard for you. ((HUGS))

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I am so very sorry you need to make this decision. Thank you for putting Sisko's happiness above your own. There are animals that are better off in "only one pet homes," but sometimes this is not immediately apparent. We do the best we can for our animals, and sometimes that means making tough decisions.

You mentioned before you want to go on to become an OT, correct? That requires a lot of schooling and dedicated work. Maybe focus on that for now; can you start taking online classes? You will for sure be busy in that field, and that might help to fill a hole you are feeling right now.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am so very sorry you need to make this decision. Thank you for putting Sisko's happiness above your own. There are animals that are better off in "only one pet homes," but sometimes this is not immediately apparent. We do the best we can for our animals, and sometimes that means making tough decisions.

You mentioned before you want to go on to become an OT, correct? That requires a lot of schooling and dedicated work. Maybe focus on that for now; can you start taking online classes? You will for sure be busy in that field, and that might help to fill a hole you are feeling right now.Yes! I am starting very soon. Okay. Yes, I can take online classes, so I will be taking them. Thank you💖

·
Registered
203 Posts
My heart breaks for you. It must be so hard to do the right thing for your dog. Fenris is lucky to have a human that cares for him so much!

I am so sorry Fenris-Wolf. Would it be possible for you to find him a wonderful home where you get to stay in touch and get periodic updates, maybe even visitation once in a while?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm sorry Fenris. :( Let me know if you need to talk about it. That's a hard decision nobody wants to make.
Thank you, very much.
My heart breaks for you. It must be so hard to do the right thing for your dog. Fenris is lucky to have a human that cares for him so much!

I am so sorry Fenris-Wolf. Would it be possible for you to find him a wonderful home where you get to stay in touch and get periodic updates, maybe even visitation once in a while?
It might be possible to find a home like that for him. I think that would be the best outcome.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sisko isn't stressed now after being separated from my cats. I still haven't heard back from the rescue lady, his vet, or his breeder. I feel like his breeder abandoned him. I can't say how angry that makes me. It has been 4 days, but I have not actually heard back from her since early last year. Hopefully, I will get an email or call tomorrow from his vet.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts