Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is the name of a new food Molly tried today and she loves it! It is a grain free dehydrated organic raw, formulated by an holistic vet in Colorado. They just started in 2012 and is a small family owned company. They also make kibbled foods and treats Etc. I read their web site and I'm really impressed! Only problem is that only a few stores are carrying it but you can order it online at Petco(not in store) it is relatively inexpensive as the dehydrated 1.5# bag makes 36# hydrated! So if you're looking for something new ,read their website!
"I and Love and You"
:eating::eating::eating:

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Always good to know about another "dog food in the raw." I also had to read the name of the food a few times to "get it." I have the urge to add some punctuation, " I, and you, and love" or something.:biggrin1: I checked out the ingredients and they look decent to me. Glad Molly's got more good eats to enjoy!:eating:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
you can order it online at Petco(not in store) it is relatively inexpensive as the dehydrated 1.5# bag makes 36# hydrated! So if you're looking for something new ,read their website!
"I and Love and You"
:eating::eating::eating:
I looked at the Petco site, which does say the 1.5 pound bag makes 36 pounds. That sounded really inexpensive to me, but when I looked at the company's site, they say the 1.5 pound bag makes 10 pounds. It's the bigger size (5.5 pounds, i think) that reconstitutes to 36 pounds. Not quite as reasonable, but I'm interested anyway. I couldn't find information on either site about how much to feed, so I've sent an e-mail asking about that. I'll post the company's response when I hear from them. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Molly, they have that food at my Petco in store- the entire line- and my store is only a Petco Unleashed (smaller store). They also have two large freezers with different raw food brands. I guess my area is more into this new stuff? The regular dog food is getting smaller and smaller. Now over half the food is the good stuff. I was checking out the I Love You food a couple weeks ago. It must depend on the manager what they order.
Weird name, though. ;)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Weird name, though. ;)
If you look at the bag, the "I" is followed by a line of text that wraps to the next line, where the "and" is followed by a line of text that wraps to the next line, where the "love" is followed by a line...etc. The "I and Love and You" is staggered down through the text. It makes a sort of sense, when you read the text, but it is very awkward, isn't it? I'm not creative, but I think even I could have come up with something better than that...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Outwest....Thanx for the shout out about the Petco 'Unleashed' I just found one in my area!
JudyD....Wow! big misprint? Oh well,I'm gonna buy a bag cuz 10lbs is ok, since Molly is not a big eater, she likes it, and this is much easier than opening a can to give her wet food!
Lily's Mom...... Wow! Is it music to pet your Poodle to? Hehehe!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
What's Petco Unleashed? Do they sell more organic, holistic, raw foods? The Petco near me just got a freezer and they sell Nature's Variety. it is pricey there but I've had to go once because I ran out of food. I put Leroy back on kibble and he's doing great on it. I like Louis on raw food and for him it's cheaper because he doesnt' eat that much. However, he does well on the NV line. He developed a sensitive tummy over the holidays and everything else gives him diarrhea. I'll have to look into this brand, I like using other things as food toppers. I've been mixing some wet food with Leroy's kibble and he loves it!

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
According to Wikipedia: "In 2009, Petco launched Unleashed by Petco, a smaller boutique-style store that specializes in natural, organic, and higher-end products." Sounds good, but I try to support our locally owned "high-end" pet store when I shop retail. (I order everything I can online.)

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I pretty much order online too, so I don't usually go to Big Box stores unless I have to! I find better bargains and even with shipping, I can usually get a better deal.
I just discovered the Petco'Unleashed' store in my area, it's located by my Dr.'s office so I guess I can check it out without wasting my gas! Gas prices just hit $4.29 a gal here! It's supposed to be 'a small,neighborhood store feel' that sells mostly raw and organic /holistic pet foods. We'll see...............

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I couldn't find information on either site about how much to feed, so I've sent an e-mail asking about that. I'll post the company's response when I hear from them. Thanks for the tip.
I haven't had a reply from the company...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts