Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for sweat shirts for my little guy Leonard, I have up until this point only had girls. Their sweat shirts are a little big on him, He's a year and 5.25 lbs with a 12" chest, I figure he'll finish up around 5 1/2 pounds or so, smaller than my girls who are 8-9 pounds with 14" chests.
Not only are girl's sweats a bit big they cover up his boy parts, meaning I have to roll up the sweat shirt so he can pee.

20180819_125646.jpg

20180819_125707.jpg

Registered
I have the same problem and no solution except to consider tailoring the sweatshirt. I got them the Zack and Zooey brand from Amazon.

I honestly had not thought about that as a potential issue, since I'd also had all girls til now. After the disappointment with our hoodies, I started looking as carefully as I could at the clothing photos to see if the boy bits were accounted for. With the exception of outerwear using just a velcro strap to secure, I haven't found any shirts or sweaters that do.

I think the best bet would be a straight hem for tailoring, but I just love the hoodies lol. It's hard to believe that with the size of the doggie clothing industry, boy bits haven't been designed for!

I just remembered that I'd also got a couple of sweaters for the girls on Amazon which had straight hems, and I think the under area was cut a bit shorter. It'd also be a lot easier to tailor if needed. The brand is Stinky G.

Registered
photos of Holly's Stinky G sweater. For comparison, she was about 12-13" neck to base of tail, and abt 11lbs. This is a size 12.

You can see what a difference this brand has from top length to under length to start, and how it might be pretty easy to adjust the under length, if you had a mind to :)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts