Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem? I buy all different shampoos, grooming products, clippers, shears.......anything. It does not stop there, I go to the beauty supply house every few weeks and buy ANYTHING for curly hair (yes I look just like my poodles). I have more product then most hair salons, I just can't help myself. And by the way, my hair usually looks like crap, so 85% of them don't work. I have gallons of dog shampoo and people shampoo all over the house....am I alone in this?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I feel your pain..i am the same way with my dogs and my own hair.

I have really thick wavy hair and can't usually get it to do what I want

for the poodles i like trying all sorts of stuff. as soon as i have a "favorite" i still try something else and usually end up with another favorite.

I get bored using the same thing for too long!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Im a product junky, but not that bad with shampoos (at least not gallons of stuff around!). I have thick curly hair too. I really Love pantene conditioner!!! I have used it for Years and wont use anything else. If i do use something else i can feel and see the difference.
I go for moisture products more then curley products for myself. I really like herbal essence moisture shampoo. Its creamly and Blue and smells coconut-y. I really like it and have gone through 3 bottles. I dont buy expensive shampoos anymore as i find they dont work for me any better. Also i only like to buy creamly shampoo for myself, not gels. Gels seem to dry out my hair too much.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Anyone wishing to become a member of groomer's products anonymous, let me know! I'm the President, ROFL!

I've got 6 gallons of the Spa Lavish shampoo that the seal has not even been broken on yet that I'll never use (wish I could sell it), various combs, small trimmers, slickers, etc etc etc. I just got done ordering some Le Pooch shampoo's, ugh!

I do like good quality products and tools, so if I find a deal, I go for it. At least I can deduct it on my taxes :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
dog shows are teh worst. I bought shampoo at the last one for kiah (the aussie) even though it wasn't exactly what i wnted- it will work for the danish dog ... really it will uh huh.

i just had 5 bottles of product (mostly plush puppy) show up for the show next weekend WY to excited to use them. I think i cn supply the world with kolesterol though- the 'tub' is HUGE compared to the bottle. WOOPS

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I don't have this problem :)

When I find something that works I stick with it :)

I don't want to make experiments on a coat I have been growing out for over a year. But if it was just for a pet coat then it would be fun.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Me! My unofficial New Year's Resolution was to cut down on the amount of shampoo, conditioner and other hair care products crowding my bathroom shelves. I haven't bought shampoo or conditioner yet this year. I'm just now running low on shampoo but have two half full bottles of conditioner. (I hate to just throw things out, it's like flushing money down the toilet.) I did the same w/ all the dog shampoo I had. In all honesty though, I really did it just so I would have room to buy more stuff, lol. I have a huge list of things I want to order from Petedge, Ryans and Cherrybrook.:bird:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I used to buy way too much of the different scented shampoos and conditioners....mellon/kiwi chocolate green tea. I NEVER buy anything now by scent alone like I used to. Also I use the same stuff on my hair at home as I do on the grooming clients at home....I use the Les Pooch Hypo as my all over face, body wash AND shampoo. Its an exfolliant yet it doesn't strip the color from my salon-colored hair. Some shampoos fade my hair color too much.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Haha, I'm terrible! With me it's a bad case of "grass is greener" syndrome. Sure, Pantene works great in my hair (and Flash's!) but that new product just came out and I simply MUST see if it can do a better job (somehow) than my old regular stuff! I do the same thing with tools--I own at least one of each brand of clipper comb, more pin brushes and slickers than I care to count, and several different brands of blades.

Sigh. If I could afford to I'd have several different sets of clippers and shears too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm a curly haired (very long) groomer. I am also a loyal Natures Specialties user...for the dogs and me. Unbelievable products! Leaves my curls tight and well behaved, the dogs too!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
LoL, I am always willing to try something new or something that smell good so I guess no, you're not alone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts