Poodle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Spoo coming 8/21! Buddy, a 16 yo shepherd mix, Fleur a 1 yo cat
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cue Ghostbusters theme song....

After reading some PF, I wondered if Dolly would be nervous about our Halloween decorations. My kids love Halloween so skipping decorations was not an option.
Luckily, Dolly didn't bat an eye!
I am going to have to do some engineering to get these gravestones to stop falling over!
Plant Botany Green Leaf Tree

·
Premium Member
5,110 Posts
So cute among the graveyard stones.

·
Super Moderator
3,756 Posts
Ooh, brave Dolly! Pogo was the only one of my three who never batted an eye at Halloween or Christmas decorations.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tip for those gravestones: grab a metal H bracket that they use for corrugated plastic signs. Two ways to attach it. Either gorilla glue it to the back of the styrofoam and then paint over it or cut it in half and carefully shove the metal poles into the bottom. Instant stakes that work way better than the ones that come with the gravestones.

I have done it both ways and so far my gravestones have held up for several Halloween seasons. Before, they would just blow away or fall over.

This is what i mean:
H Bracket

Limerick hasn't reacted at all to our neighbors decorations that have been up for two weeks now.... but then another neighbor put some up a few days ago and he got spooked. Barked the whole way past that house, but not the other one.

He hasn't seen what i just put up, yet, so... we'll find out when i take them for their walk later! I know Dubs is terrified of the horse skeleton i got last year, he wouldn't go near it at all. Kiley, before she passed, walked right up to it and sniffed it. She wasn't phased by much!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You’re a brave girl, Dolly! This is the first year Peggy’s not been even a little bit concerned.
The first week we had Dolly I took her to a 5th grade back to school picnic. In hindsight, it could have failed miserably! But being introduced to 30+ 10 year old, plus siblings, running around at a park seemed to set the tone for what life is like in our wild household :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Too cute :)

Basil still is still cautious around Halloween stuff, our second season.
Dolly was a bit spooked by a balloon tied to a mailbox a few weeks ago so I was expecting her to be nervous arpund all the inflatables!

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Dolly looks fabulous among the Halloween decorations… and lucky she isn’t phased. Very spooky yard, I bet the kids love it.

My Babykins was upset her first year by hay stacks, scarecrows etc. By the second year she could care less. Same with balloons, first year we couldn’t get close to one stuck on a mailbox, she was so fearful. The next year she dragged me down the block to check one out. So far my puppy Theo seems to not notice anything different. Fingers crossed he continues not to be upset.

I hope no one’s puppy is too fearful of the holiday decor. I love seeing everyones creativity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts