Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First... I’ve changed oscar’s name to Carson. He is taking to that pretty easily. I got the call, and although I need to sleep today, I jumped up and ran to the shelter to get him. I was so excited... I really had to focus on the road.

He didn’t get shaved; they didn’t even try... sigh. Said they were short staffed and just couldn’t do it. But it’s really because they are processing as many dogs and cats as possible to get them home before Dorian gets here. That’s ok with me!

He was timid of me when I got there, but in about 3 seconds he recognized me! Off to a great start! I put him in his soft sided crate for the ride home and he wanted nothing to do with it. Climbed over the hand I was using to keep him in, across my lap to the left leg to watch out the window. Ok please don’t y’all yell at me. I took backroads home and barely made it above 35. I was super super careful,
But he’ll go in it when I take him
To work tonight.

Got him home And held him for a Few And introduced him to the rest our little family, and then he got down and started exploring, everywhere.

He’s already coming to his new name, (Carson), and eagerly accepting treats. He is so laid back, but has a definite spring to his step which I am
So happy to see. He’s even wagging his tail as he checks out things.

So please help me in welcoming Carson into
My, and our, family. He will
Be such a joy to spoil!.

Pictures will
Be done when I have him groomed. I honest don’t want a reminder of what shape he is in right now. He deserves to have the Awww, cute, Adorable, Handsome Chap! responses.

Okokok! I changed my mind lol! He’s still a stringy fluffy, but he’s home now
And these pics don’t Really show off
The bad areas...

That’s it for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome, Carson!!! I was thinking about you today, hoping he could come home early - yay!! I do see some curly fur there, he looks adorable even as-is. So excited for you and especially for him. Thank you for adopting him. ��

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Ohhhh he’s so cute, looks like a real sweetheart. Lucky Carson.

Can’t wait to see what he looks like after you groom him and get him settled into your home routine.

·
Premium Member
9,690 Posts
I am in love with him. When I volunteered at a shelter, I used to lament that there were no “Disney” dogs. By that I meant dogs, that could star or be charming extras in a Disney movie. Carson is a Disney dog, before and undoubtedly after his spa day. Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your kindness nd words and best wishes. So far everybody is doing fine. Zeke seems to be laying down the law pretty quickly though lol. Carson seems to be making himself at home. He just loves laying on my area rug!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I am in love with him. When I volunteered at a shelter, I used to lament that there were no “Disney” dogs. By that I meant dogs, that could star or be charming extras in a Disney movie. Carson is a Disney dog, before and undoubtedly after his spa day. Congratulations!
He could be Dorothy's Toto for sure!

He's looking super relaxed at home! Good for Zeke for setting some boundaries.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He could be Dorothy's Toto for sure!

He's looking super relaxed at home! Good for Zeke for setting some boundaries.

I agree about him setting boundaries, even Stella has joined in. He is showing a nice, healthy respect for them already.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Yay for Carson's 'Gotcha Day' can't wait to see that little cutie all cleaned up! He sure seems to know he is in a good place with that look he's giving you! Sweet!

Reactions: jojogal001

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Molly... I didn’t want to say Gotcha Day as I feel like that is reserved for puppies, but that’s what it is! He’s been happy already lol. He’s like a little wind up toy! When I woke up today he went a little nuts! I can already tell he’s going to ne a happy little guy. He’s still got so much spunk!

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a cute little thing he is ! I can’t wait to see him after grooming...

Congratulations !

I can’t wait to see him after grooming myself! I’m kind of glad the vet didn’t do it as I would have ended up with a little short-short haired rat lol. I’m hoping to get him groomed today. I may just take him to pet smart since the accept walk-ins.

Hopefully good pics later today!

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was able to get him a vet appointment at 3:30 today, ad then straight to the groomer after that. I imagine he's going to look pretty much like gray skin everywhere with black hair on his head, ears and face lol! I'll make sure to get pics after we get home, and once he settles down from the drive. I'm glad I'm able to get him in today. Quite a lot he is rolling and rubbing around on the rug. I know his mats have to be bothering him... poor guy.

I'll start a new thread for his "after" pics. I'll call it Carson's new look. See ya there!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts