Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I may or may not have bought clippers and I may or may not have cut Perry's hair... because he DID look like a goober and he DID need a haircut.

So currently, he may or may not look like a scraggly mutt that I randomly found on the street. How long would we say it will take for his hair to grow to a semi-normal length so I can take him to the real groomer/out in public without dying of embarrassment?

And... how many of you groomers would believe me if I told you my 13 year old cousin cut his hair, and it wasn't me? ;) (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

No really... how long do you think it will take his hair to grow back? It's bad. And oddly uneven, considering I used one of those comb thingies. I am TOTALLY America's Next Best Groomer! :eyeroll: :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
LOL As a groomer, especially if I was your regular groomer, I'd KNOW that you were fibbing a wee bit. LOL But, I'd stick to you story too!

Can you post a picture, so I can see how bad the damage is and then I'll give an estimate of time.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
As a groomer, I get a lot of dogs where the owners tried to do their own grooming, here's a picture of a shihtzu face that I cleaned up after mom took the shears to it. Don't be embarrassed, it's not like they're going to talk about you behind your back! You're paying them to groom your dog, that's what they're going to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am sooooo guilt of "mommy do's". My hairdresser threats to take away my scissors. But that is how she makes her money :). I know my groomer is going to love all the oops she will have to fix! My puppy looks like she ran under the lawnmower, half of her anyway.lol

I am sure it isn't as bad as you think. We are usually too critical of our "masterpieces". But.............. I am new to this poodle world, so I don't really know that much.:confusffed:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
it'll grow back before you know it - PROMISE! I always tell my people that when we have to do a shave down or something. 'Don't worry so much it grows fater than you'd really like it to anyway and this time is no different, it'll be back to normal in no time flat" :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL As a groomer, especially if I was your regular groomer, I'd KNOW that you were fibbing a wee bit. LOL But, I'd stick to you story too!

Can you post a picture, so I can see how bad the damage is and then I'll give an estimate of time.
Wellll, I don't have a regular groomer. He has been shaved down by petsmart twice, and but by a groomer once in the time I have had him (less than a year)... so does that get me off the hook?! :D

I am sooooo guilt of "mommy do's". My hairdresser threats to take away my scissors. But that is how she makes her money :). I know my groomer is going to love all the oops she will have to fix! My puppy looks like she ran under the lawnmower, half of her anyway.
This was a Mommy Don't! lol

oh come on it cant be that bad it is a poodle. Show us a pick and we will tell you if he needs complete shave down or not
Okay... I'm not posting a picture just yet... I have to take one that is somewhat flattering first! Okay, let's just say... he looks like a little wire haired chihuahua mutt more so than a poodle. There's hair all different lengths (I was afraid to cut his feet... I didn't want to hurt him! As it is, I accidentally knicked his little skin flap on his tummy/leg!) Yup... anyway, just a raggedy little poodle man right now. It is bad. Really. Bad. :fish:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts