Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an HV dryer for my standard poodle. My breeder recommended the Flying Pig and the budget option and I see that a lot of people like it. I also found a dryer (shernbao) that is a similar price but has a higher HP here. Which one would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I am looking to get an HV dryer for my standard poodle. My breeder recommended the Flying Pig and the budget option and I see that a lot of people like it. I also found a dryer (shernbao) that is a similar price but has a higher HP here. Which one would you guys recommend?
I don't know that I'd go with less than 4 HP. I have the flying pig regular model and definitely use full power. It works great though! I think shernbao and shelandy are good cheaper options though I'd splurge for the regular flying pig if you can afford it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know that I'd go with less than 4 HP. I have the flying pig regular model and definitely use full power. It works great though! I think shernbao and shelandy are good cheaper options though I'd splurge for the regular flying pig if you can afford it.
The Shernbao is actually 5 HP so a little higher than the Flying pig but pretty much the same price so I just wasn't sure! The Flying Pig seems to be recommend more often though.

·
Registered
319 Posts
We have this one from Amazon. $143 for 3.2hp It's the only one I've ever used. It's good enough and gets the job done.

When I first got her at 8 weeks it would only take 20 mins to dry.

Basil's coat (never cut @ 40 weeks) is between 3.5-4.5 inches around her whole poodle body, and takes 45 minutes to dry her everywhere, 90%+ dry.

I'm not sure what your price range is or how long you expect to let your pup's coat get, but I recon if you get something above 3.2hp in your price range then you'll need all you need.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I have had the Shelandy dryer from Amazon for nearly 3 yrs now. Works great. Can not imagine needing anything more powerful. Quieter than I expected too!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the Shelandy for my Spoo, I feel like anything more powerful than that would be difficult for me to tolerate, never mind him! I like that it has adjustable force, and heat option (although I rarely use it so far).

·
Registered
501 Posts
I’ll throw my hat into the ring and vote for the flying pig. I’ve had one for 6 years and it has been indispensable. Works great, love the adjustable heat and volume control. I couldn’t imagine drying both my spoo’s without it. I’m a home groomer and I just do my girls. I use it every time they get wet and obviously when they are bathed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts