Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - I really want to get a second spoo...I've wanted to for months now and I have found one that I think would be perfect BUT hubby feels like we shouldn't. Grrr. This is such a frustrating situation. It's my light cream/ white GIRL spoo that I've wanted.
I've done the "look how cute she is" approach but now I'm gonna have to get more crafty...anybody have any tips? :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I just keep it up until mine gives in. lol My husband is very easy to convince and somehow him and I can justify why its ok to constantly buy more dogs. We are both bad though. lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now see, that would be AWESOME if hubby was like that. He never grew up with inside dogs and so it takes so much work to convince him...but you are right, I'm not giving up!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Now see, that would be AWESOME if hubby was like that. He never grew up with inside dogs and so it takes so much work to convince him...but you are right, I'm not giving up!
That sounds like my father. lol I had to ask and beg him over and over again to get a dog growing up. Back then my dogs had to be outside dogs until my mom got our Bichon.

Now my parents only have a Jack Russel (Bichon passed) and my dad adores her. She's a inside dog and finally he came around to dogs living indoors. My mom wants a female standard in a few yrs now and my dad is fine with it. lol

I think your hubby will come around and give in. How does your husband like Wrigley so far? Is he ok with him in the house ?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He does like Wrigley, the only thing that kinda has me over a barrel is that Wrigley has awful gas (so I'm going to look into switching foods to see if that helps) and Wrigley's coat is still long, so after he has been outside playing, he can come inside with a sweaty smell that will stay on his bedding. So, I'm going to try and trim him up and figure out a way to keep the bedding smelling fresh. (Any tips?)
So if I can show him that one more "big" dog won't overwhelm us - which I really think if I can groom them the right way - it won't. I'm just learning all these tricks. What do you do with your spoo boys after they've played hard? Do you bath them right away?

·
Registered
646 Posts
WEll mine is a different situation and I basically said this is my house to and if I want to dogs I will have 2 dogs or I will find somewhere else to live. He he we have issues anyways and it could be sooner then later. I want a 3rd now but am waiting till I am settled whether it be here or another house.
Who says they get the say in everything anyways hell I clean up after them and pay everything for them I should have what I want. he wants a new truck he gets it, he wants a bottle he buys it so be it right.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
He does like Wrigley, the only thing that kinda has me over a barrel is that Wrigley has awful gas (so I'm going to look into switching foods to see if that helps) and Wrigley's coat is still long, so after he has been outside playing, he can come inside with a sweaty smell that will stay on his bedding. So, I'm going to try and trim him up and figure out a way to keep the bedding smelling fresh. (Any tips?)
So if I can show him that one more "big" dog won't overwhelm us - which I really think if I can groom them the right way - it won't. I'm just learning all these tricks. What do you do with your spoo boys after they've played hard? Do you bath them right away?
I just wipe mine down with a towel and put them into the crate's until they are dry. It only rains here so all thats wet is there feet, lower leg and sprinkles on the coat. I usually just wipe them down and then they air dry while playing around the house. The crate blankets can get smelly but those just go in the washer.

Maybe try the new glade fabric and air spray that's out. Its just like the febreeze but better in my opinion. I spray down my couches, drapes and etc. Smells great!

Oh....almost forgot. I also mist the boys with my earthsbath mango deoderant spray before brushing. That makes my boys smell very nice. You can pick it up at Petsmart and they have different scents.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent suggestion! Thanks - I'll be trying out these (and getting that spray for Wrigley's coat).

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Ummmm, well I guess the whole forum knows how I "talk" my hubby into things lol....

Honetsly though I am kind of a baby gets what baby wants kind of person.... I tend to not take no for an answer and I keep at him until he gives in.... oooorrrrr until he gets frisky enough to agree to whatever for some "playtime". Ironicly enough me pestering usualy gets results faster than the other method.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wonderpup - I am definitely not against using your tactics...actually, trying to decide if it will get me closer to getting my spoo! :)
Siv - hubby would notice that "dumped" puppy cost more than a dumped puppy should...drat!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
well best of luck, in my opinion it's fun either way so that makes it win win :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whenever I want something, I basically inundate my hubby with reminders about it. If it's a new purse, he gets emails from websites with links to the bag, I save the image to our home desktop computer as the background, and I usually sign him up to receive mail from that company at his office (this has worked especially well with Tiffany jewelry in the past).

I've resorted to things like holding out on household chores (in addition to bedroom activities) as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
OH, thats a good idea about the jewlry. My sister cuts pictures out of sales adds and has them placed like on the fridge for her hubby. Mine would totaly ignore something like that though on the fridge. He's just get his Dr. Pepper and go on about his day and never notice the add. Buuuuttt e-mail.... that would probably work!!

I've also gone on little mini strikes where he comes home and theres nothing for dinner and dishes don't get washed, and floors don't get vac***ed. Dog hair drives him UP THE WALL sooooo if I stop va***ing that usualy gets his attention and he brings flowers home LoL. Poor guys just assumes he did something wrong.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ummmm, well I guess the whole forum knows how I "talk" my hubby into things lol....

Honetsly though I am kind of a baby gets what baby wants kind of person.... I tend to not take no for an answer and I keep at him until he gives in.... oooorrrrr until he gets frisky enough to agree to whatever for some "playtime". Ironicly enough me pestering usualy gets results faster than the other method.
Oh yes...this method has always worked. Shoot, I make him pay me for what he wants sometimes. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts