Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm looking to buy my minipoo puppy a Hurtta Expedition Parka and I'm not sure what size to get as I have read that some Hurtta coats come up big. The recommended size for a minipoo on the Hurtta website is 14" (35cm) back length and that is for chest size (35-65cm). Obviously I have measured her. I come up with 16" (40cm) back length and her chest is 50cm-ish. But the 16" Hurtta coat has a chest size from 47-76cm which I feel will be huge around the chest as she is at the bottom end of this size and don't want to swamp her. Do they come up big or long? I feel that I should probably go more with the chest size of the smaller size. She is 6 months old so may grow a little bit more but she is already max height for a minipoo so I don't think she will grow a huge amount more. If she grows around the chest it should be fine but my concern is that while the chest size might be better will it come up short? I will have to buy this online and the retailers do not refund on postage for returning items so I would like to do my best in buying the right size now. Does anyone have one of these coats and did you find it better to go down in size?

·
Registered
806 Posts
You can read my review on the Hurrta downpour suit here: Raincoats, just bought one despite the heat and fires

My dog measures 13" at the back, and I had the choice of 12" and 14". I went with 12" and don't regret it. I'd advise going to the Hurrta website. I found additional information there about leg length and adjustability that wasn't present on other websites selling their product. Mini poodles come in a great range of sizes so I wouldn't just go with the one marked "mini poodle" I would go off your measurements.

I hope you'll post a photo here when you have her wearing her new coat. I'd like to see it on her.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can read my review on the Hurrta downpour suit here: Raincoats, just bought one despite the heat and fires

My dog measures 13" at the back, and I had the choice of 12" and 14". I went with 12" and don't regret it. I'd advise going to the Hurrta website. I found additional information there about leg length and adjustability that wasn't present on other websites selling their product. Mini poodles come in a great range of sizes so I wouldn't just go with the one marked "mini poodle" I would go off your measurements.

I hope you'll post a photo here when you have her wearing her new coat. I'd like to see it on her.
Ok the website recommended the 14" and she measured 16" but the measurements of the chest size on the 16" was huge and the chest size on the 14" was perfect so I decided to go with the 14" anyway. It fits her perfectly and I feel the 16" would have swamped her around the middle. Here are some photos of her wearing her new coat. It was hard to get a decent photo as she kept moving about. I needed it pronto as she is getting clipped short tomorrow including a shaved face so she won't look quite as bulky as she does right now. Her hair is about 8cm long at the moment and driving me nuts.

20210116_141052.jpg 20210116_141202.jpg 20210116_141132.jpg

·
Registered
806 Posts
Very nice! Both the fit and the coat you chose. Thanks for sharing photos of your pretty girl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts