Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has tried any new dinner ideas that they loved? I love to cook, but sometimes I'll go into the occasional boredom from the same old. I tried making a caprese stuffed chicken and it came out amazingly! So I'd thought I'd share since it was a nice summery meal and super easy! Don't forget to share if you have a great dinner idea too!

Needed:
chicken breasts (larger so you can make a pocket)
basil
Tomatoes ( i used cherry)
Balsamic vinaigrette ( i used newman's own)
farmhouse mozzarella

I marinated the chicken in the dressing over night.
then the next day I sliced cherry tomatoes, then added basil, mozzarella and some of the dressing. I didn't measure, just added to taste.
that night I cut a pocket into the chicken breasts and stuffed them with the tomato mix. then set them upright so the opening was up and topped the overfill filling and chicken with the extra mozzarella shreds.
I used the extra dressing from the filling and poured it in the bottom of the baking dish and then baked at 400 degrees for 40 min.

I was surprised but it came out great and was such a nice and light meal on a hot summer day, with a glass of white wine! I thought it'd be a good recipe for here bc I've seen a lot of you are gardening this year.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sounds delicious and healthy!

I have been trying to eat healthier after many months of going off the deep end and eating a lot of junk. I just started subscribing to a website that has a catalog of healthy recipes. I love using chicken or fish when cooking. One of my current favorites is chicken enchiladas. I have made this one with low-fat cheese and store bought pre-made chicken:

This thread was started a while back with many good human food ideas:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sounds delicious and healthy!

I have been trying to eat healthier after many months of going off the deep end and eating a lot of junk. I just started subscribing to a website that has a catalog of healthy recipes. I love using chicken or fish when cooking. One of my current favorites is chicken enchiladas. I have made this one with low-fat cheese and store bought pre-made chicken:

This thread was started a while back with many good human food ideas:
I like the Cooking Light website for healthy recipes. They have a catalog of great fairly simple recipes. Both the enchiladas and chicken breasts sound good.

We're having fresh tomatoes tonight too. It's the season! We have Parmesan Crusted Cod (from the fish shop) and polenta topped with lightly sauteed fresh tomatoes and basil (from the back porch) with a nice light Orvieto white.

Then I'm soaking in the tub.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm weird with fish. lol I can't eat any that has the fishy taste. I can do some sushi, or like tuna steaks, and sometimes I can do salmon. But if it has any kind of fishy flavor I just can't do it! I just recently started the salmon, sushi and tuna steaks about a year ago.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has tried any new dinner ideas that they loved? I love to cook, but sometimes I'll go into the occasional boredom from the same old. I tried making a caprese stuffed chicken and it came out amazingly! So I'd thought I'd share since it was a nice summery meal and super easy! Don't forget to share if you have a great dinner idea too!

Needed:
chicken breasts (larger so you can make a pocket)
basil
Tomatoes ( i used cherry)
Balsamic vinaigrette ( i used newman's own)
farmhouse mozzarella

I marinated the chicken in the dressing over night.
then the next day I sliced cherry tomatoes, then added basil, mozzarella and some of the dressing. I didn't measure, just added to taste.
that night I cut a pocket into the chicken breasts and stuffed them with the tomato mix. then set them upright so the opening was up and topped the overfill filling and chicken with the extra mozzarella shreds.
I used the extra dressing from the filling and poured it in the bottom of the baking dish and then baked at 400 degrees for 40 min.

I was surprised but it came out great and was such a nice and light meal on a hot summer day, with a glass of white wine! I thought it'd be a good recipe for here bc I've seen a lot of you are gardening this year.
That sounds delicious and pretty, to boot.

I cook, but am awful for making it up on the spot or thinking ahead what's on hand vis a vis what I'm sort of craving, and then mishmashing things together. Once I came up with cod in coconut milk and curry with onions that I still wish I could replicate. I've a nice photo, but no ingredients list LOL.

Recently did sort of a base soup that could change each time a portion was heated, based in what got combined in there. I try to include complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein from either animal or mixed bean/lentils/whatnot having complementary amino acids, plus vegetables (roasted brussels sprouts and radishes last week and made a pig of myself). Thank heavens for Diet For A Small Planet. Read it decades ago. A bit stuck.

Then sometimes it's delivery and things go a little nuts 😁😂😋😋😋!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
I love Blue Apron recipes. Even if you don't subscribe to their meal kits, all their recipes are available for free online. You can filter by ingredient, cuisine, and season, and each recipe is for a complete meal with nutritional info available:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds delicious and pretty, to boot.

I cook, but am awful for making it up on the spot or thinking ahead what's on hand vis a vis what I'm sort of craving, and then mishmashing things together. Once I came up with cod in coconut milk and curry with onions that I still wish I could replicate. I've a nice photo, but no ingredients list LOL.

Recently did sort of a base soup that could change each time a portion was heated, based in what got combined in there. I try to include complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein from either animal or mixed bean/lentils/whatnot having complementary amino acids, plus vegetables (roasted brussels sprouts and radishes last week and made a pig of myself). Thank heavens for Diet For A Small Planet. Read it decades ago. A bit stuck.

Then sometimes it's delivery and things go a little nuts 😁😂😋😋😋!!!
I do the same thing! Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts