Poodle Forum banner

901 - 920 of 981 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you do make an agreement with someone, be sure to leave the information available for others to see.

We're lucky to have a petcare pact with a couple near us. They'll keep Normie until our family can come to get him.

The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited park in the USA. And the number of people visiting this year is the same as last year. grrrr....We are in for a Bad Time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here people are complaining about “the Alaskan loophole” where USA residents are evidently coming across the US/
Adjustments.jpg

Canada border alleging they’re on their way to Alaska, and then holidaying in Banff (national park in the Rocky Mountains). How many can it be that big a deal really, but the bc residents who have tourists travelling thru don’t like it so Mounties are giving out fines to sneak-tourists. I put a photo below of the last time I was in Banff prepandemic. It’s very lovely there. Crazy times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
I would love to sneak there too! If I want to visit NY, NJ or CT, I would have to self quarantine for two weeks upon arrival. Don’t blame those states one bit, Europe either, if they shut out US citizens. Some states/countries/and their citizens followed science and all the rules. Others like Texas and Sweden...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here people are complaining about “the Alaskan loophole” where USA residents are evidently coming across the US/ View attachment 467629
Canada border alleging they’re on their way to Alaska, and then holidaying in Banff (national park in the Rocky Mountains). How many can it be that big a deal really, but the bc residents who have tourists travelling thru don’t like it so Mounties are giving out fines to sneak-tourists. I put a photo below of the last time I was in Banff prepandemic. It’s very lovely there. Crazy times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There has been quite a few Americans where I am lately and I’ve seen Washington, California, Oregon, and New York plates that have crossed into Canada. I was at a big mall last week (dropping my laptop off to be fixed at the Apple store - it crapped out on me 2 days after Apple closed the stores 🤦🏻‍♀️) and I saw many American plates parked. It’s annoying because we’re actually doing okay controlling this and have gone several days without any deaths and the states (no offence), is not!!

People are mad about the American tourists here because those who are claiming they’re going to Alaska, don’t have to follow the same 14 day rule because they’re driving. They’re supposed to limit their stops and use only drive thrus but many people are not following that (as seen in Banff or other communities in BC). They have to self-isolate if they stop at a hotel, avoid contact with others, and have enough food that they don’t have to stop at a grocery store but there isn’t people ensuring that they are following it which is why the RCMP is fining people (and rightly so!)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have an idea! Canada can build a wall. A very very beautiful wall!
Ha! I both laughed and cringed at this.

Vandog - I'm so sorry that there are an abundance of deceptive people in the world. I can understand why the EU is considering prohibiting Americans from visiting, and wouldn't blame Canada (or Mexico) for the same.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
It's heartbreaking watching coronavirus cases spike out of control in parts of the USA. Anyone else worried the USA is too messed up to ever get this under control?

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
I’m beginning to worry that’s the case, Click. I wish folks who decide they are standing on some personal rights platform to avoid social distancing or wearing a mask would consider the cost of being hospitalized for a few days or even longer. An acquaintance of ours was elated that her 88 year old grandparents survived Covid 19 after 11 days in the hospital. Their stay was the result of a family gathering, from which two or three other family members were infected but didn’t need to be hospitalized. They had to have their event, damn the costs.

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
Except for the week I worked from home, I have commuted to my job from NY to CT daily. I have kept all the social distancing rules, recommended cleaning, I wear my mask in public and at work.
There was a point no one wanted people from NY any where.
These are scary times, I say this having gone to war, the first Gulf war.
The problem is, the a lot of people have failed to understand, the mask is worn to protect others not yourself.
It is hard for me to wear a mask, I am asthmatic the mask feels suffocating at times but I wear it. I have a variety of masks, I seal them up at the end of the day in a zip lock bag and I wash them out in boiling water once a week.
Before I enter my place of business there is a temperature check and health survey to complete. We maintain our distance at work even though more than half the company works from home still. I actually have to be in our building to do my job, any one that have to do physical work is in the building. We are busy too, the additional factor of social distance has us spread through out our building taking over empty offices and our kitchen/lunchroom is now used as temporary storage.
We have a warehouse to intake equipment 45 minutes away so that points of public contact are limited.
In other words we adapted.
I admit that this last week was tough for me, I had to take some time off, I am tired it's been a long year. I feel like I did when I was deployed in the military when I worked 7 days a week for 18 months straight from 7 pm to 7 am.
Even as they are lifting restrictions here in NY, I worry.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hang on to your hope, Dianaleez. I could use some hope.
I'm hoping that we do have a vaccine at some point in 2021. Dr. Fauci keeps saying that it seems likely. And there's so much profit involved for the companies that develop them that I think will be a strong motivator.

Currently, life is complicated for everyone. It's taking a toll on our sanity and our humanity.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yesterday I went inside a store for the first time since February. I don't really know why I did it, I didn't buy anything, I think I just wanted the stress relief that I used to get from shopping. It was obviously a different experience than what we had before. Everyone wore masks (mandatory here) but not everyone was mindful about staying 6 feet apart. I caught a couple of furtive glances as people anxiously checked their distance. The store felt quiet, the patrons cautious and distrusting. I halfheartedly looked at the clothes, realized I need nothing, and left.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Sad, and its pitiful that we even need mandatory rules that we must wear a mask. I do when I go out in public because I think its the right thing to do.
Whats happened in this country? Shouldn't we practice doing whats right? We wouldn't be where we are now if we did.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was super disgusted when I went to subway the other day to get lunch! Not a single employee had a mask, I turned right around and walked out. It should be mandatory for businesses!!! Our Newspaper just had an article they expect our numbers to go over triple what it's been due to the lack of people participating in safety measures (masks, gloves, etc.) The park is always slammed with people and no masks, grocery shopping no masks. It's maybe 1 out of 100 wearing masks here! It's extremely frustrating to see the blatant disrespect surrounding us.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Dianaleez - Dont worry, you have time :)

My grandpa loved to drive. My crazy grandparents, in their 80s, drove from Ontario to Alberta in early March, visited us for a few weeks, then drove the Alaska Highway in April to go on a cruise, then drove back to Ontario. In their little hyundai sedan. Trip of a lifetime and the truck drivers (and locals) thought they were nuts.

On the covid front though, very disappointing in my part of rural Ontario. Almost no masks to be seen lately :(

·
Registered
471 Posts
Not too mention the crime it's causing! Around us, the shootings have become almost daily. Just the other day two men attacked a dog breeder and held her at gunpoint in a hotel parking lot when picking up the puppies. It's SCARY! After that my husband was like nope, I'll pay the extra for a puppy nanny bc he doesn't want the kids and I driving alone since his employee quit and he needed to be at work. Between the civil unrest and Covid, it really makes me question what I was thinking bringing kids into a world that's getting so out of control. I already don't do sitters bc they terrify me and now everything else is getting super scary!

901 - 920 of 981 Posts