Poodle Forum banner

721 - 731 of 731 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Jo I am so sorry you had to go thru all that but hopefully you come home today. One of my children work in a nursing home. A while back she got very sick, also with pneumonia and bronchitis. Since the cover was her her facility she was tested and it also came back negative. She was on two antibiotics, a in haters, and tylenol. It took a good week for her to get better and resume her duties at work. They did another cover test and it too was negative. Recently she quit her job as she had a offer from another facility where she applied some time ago too. She was going to work as needed at the old facility but the new facility will not allow it because of possible cross contamination. They have had no cases and want to keep it that way. All in all she has had 5 cold tests all being negative. So she simply had pneumonia and was treated at home. We are pretty much living normal, going out, shopping, eating out, well take out. We take precautions wearing a mask in public places, good hygiene, carrying sanitizer so we can periodically clean out hands. Some of the rules are over the top. UV is good and kills virus, its not transferred by swimming in the ocean. So many beaches are opening. Some of these practices people should have been doing all along. I'm all for opening up, getting kids back in school etc. With an understanding that we as individual need to respect distance from those we don't know, keep up the proper hygiene. Take personal responsibility for ones own health. I don't like government deciding who what where I can go . I'm taking life back responsibly.

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
I am glad you are getting better, JJ - scary times...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
What a scary experience, Jojogal! Thanks for sharing it with us. Will be thinking of you and hoping you're back to normal(ish) life soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
...I’ve been here almost a week, and hopefully get to leave today or tomorrow with continuous home oxygen and the pneumonia almost gone...
What a terrible scare and ordeal. I hope that whoever has been watching your dogs can continue doing this until you're completely well so you can get maximum rest and heal. Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Thank you for your kind words everyone. My dr wrote my discharge orders at noon today, and 14 hrs later at 2am I’m still here. But it’s only because the hime care agency I’m supposed to get the portable oxygen concentrator is dragging their feet on getting the approval. Hopefully earlier than later in the morning!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Jojoga, so sorry to hear of the battles you’ve had but I am glad to hear you are coming to the other side of it. Hope you are now home and snuggling with the pooches!

·
Registered
345 Posts
We seem to be moving into a new phase of living in a pandemic. So, who's headed back to work or school?
Anyone venturing out in new ways?

We're hunkered down for the long vaccine wait but are trying to get on with life. I'm looking for a dog trainer who will train privately outside with masks. It's a work in progress.

Other than that, we're smiling and waving from a distance on dog walks and not going inside stores. Curbside pickup has me spoiled.

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
My dog training club is having endless meetings on how to reopen. Given that our building isn't air conditioned, I'm not excited about going back in there with fans blowing. I'd prefer to wait until fall. I'm a trainer there and a board member. it's still not clear how or when we will reopen. I miss my students. I miss my classes. I want to go back, but I think that will have to wait much longer. Besides, Illinois is only allowing gatherings of up to 10 people. Given how fiercely the pandemic spread in the Chicago area, I'm in no hurry to reopen the club.

Another place where I can train is reopening in the middle of June. I'm very much looking forward to running rally again. Noelle and I have been keeping up our skills, but there is only so much I can do in my living room.

·
Premium Member
22,754 Posts
My colleagues from my department (especially my microbiology co-coordinator and I are doing online summer courses with virtual labs. We both are miserable about the lab part especially but the whole thing is just way harder than f2f. There is no way in the world we would go to campus to teach though and both of us want to see us remote teaching in the fall too. I understand people want to go out, but not at peril if it is avoidable.

721 - 731 of 731 Posts