Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in February, I took Lucybug to a local art gallery and had a bunch of pictures taken of her for the artist in residence to do an airbrushed piece of her.

My plan was to give it to hubby for Father's Day... Well the artist finished it last week and - coincidentally, today is my 24th wedding anniversary with this wonderful man... so he got his Father's Day present a little early! :lol:

David was really, really surprised and ran immediately to get a hammer and hanger so we could put it up right away!! After being married so long - we generally don't buy each other "gifts" because we already have almost anything we want - but he was sooo tickled with this present!! YAY!!!!

Here's the artist's rendition/perception of a 5 1/2 month old Lucybug (I'm tempted to get another one of her done once her topknot has grown out sufficiently to hold a band well... her topknot in this piece is such a ragamuffin mess! :))

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
That is so great. I wish I could get one of my girls for my birthday. Maybe I will pass on a hint to my kids. One of my daughter's friends is an art student.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Wow!!! VERY NICE!! I was a bit surprised to see so much light coloured hair over her eyes, but it is gorgeous, and a really nice idea. I am so happy David loves her so much!!

Wishing you both a very Happy Anniversary!! Hoping you have many more wonderful years to share together filled with love, good health, contentment, prosperity, and good friends and family. Many blessings! xoxo

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was a bit surprised to see so much light coloured hair over her eyes
I think that's the artist's rendition/perception I was talking about! :lol: Her hair isn't really lighter there than anywhere else in her topknot (at least not THAT different!) but if I show you the photos he took, the flash seemed to focus there... You'll be seeing her in real life pretty darn soon and she's sooo much more beautiful in person! :)

We're happy to have the portrait... It's an original and no one else in the world has one like it, just like Lucy is an original - and she's aaaaalllll OURS!! :)

Thank you so much for your sentiments for our anniversary - I really was lucky to find such a great guy with whom to share my life! He's a keeper! :lol:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I am so very happy for both you and your husband. :present:Happy Anniversary to you and wishing you many more to come.:flowers:

I love the artwork. That's the unfortunate part of using a direct flash on anything. You will get 'washout' and it renders as white. But, you are very happy with your painting and that is all that really matters.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Well, first off... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

What a wonderful gift! Perfect. And so well done! I have to get something like that done of my guys tooo!

Yeah, I understand about the "married so long we don't buy anything".....lol.... my husband and I will be celebrating our 32nd one in a couple weeks and we don't buy gifts for each other either. A hug and a smile and knowing we still love each other so much is gift enough for me!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Happy Anniversary! I thought you were going to say you got him or he got you another puppy! What a beautiful portrait.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Congratulations on your anniversary. I can see why he would be so excited to have such a great gift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts