Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
Im Amber, and I live in NC

I am currently showing Standard poodles and Borzoi in AKC conformation. I also have an interest in, but have not participated in Obedience,Rally,Agility Herding and Flyball.

I also enjoy photography (dogs of course!) and animal behavior

I am a pet groomer.

My ultimate goal in breeding is to get an all around dog, not just a pretty face, while at the same time complying and improving upon the breed standard. We have blacks and whites that we show, and silvers that are pets.

all together we(my husband and I ) have 19 dogs!

10 standard poodles
3 shelties
3 borzoi
a toy poodle
a rat terrier
a boxer/bulldog/ pit bull mix
and a peke/chi mix

its hectic sometimes, but we love our critters

:sheep: <<<and this is a cute smiley!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I am glad you found this forum, since I do not really understand the others you are on and have a hard time posting and stuff to them lol. There are some great people on here that have proven to have valuable knowledge that is helpful! Everybody, this is Ki-ki's first mommy!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
welcome :) Can't wait to see pictures of your babies.

I showed a Borzoi several years back. They are such neat dogs. She never finished though, her breeder/owner was losing interest in the breed and focusing more on Italian Greyhounds and Tibetan Spaniels. I think she only needed a major and would have been done. Unfortunately she and one of the other's he had at the time coursed down a tibbie and did some real damage, not the Borzoi's fault, but well there ya go. After that I believe he rehomed all of them and never got more. Probably for the best, he didn't really understand the whole sighthound thing LoL. Personaly I can't wait to have another "hound dog" in our home, it'll be a long while before that happens though :p

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I had to look up Borzoi to find out more about them. What a graceful looking dog. I love it when their not just another pretty face! It would be fun to watch one in action.

The poodles look like they are having a ball! It sounds like you have enough going on to be very active with whatever dog sport you want.

Welcome to the forum and look forward to more pictures.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
You have a lovely, very LARGE, family. LOL Your Boroi is just beautiful with all that flowing coat! Welcome and can't wait to see pics of more of the family.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have a lovely, very LARGE, family. LOL Your Boroi is just beautiful with all that flowing coat! Welcome and can't wait to see pics of more of the family.

unfortunately 3 days after that picture was taken, my Borzoi all started blowing puppy coat. they shed like crazy twice a year, and bitches shed after each heat and after whelping. thankfully however, they usually dont go into heat until they are about 18 months, and some are closer to two.
on the other hand, most of the time in Borzoi, judges do not look at puppies :(

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yes, you are very busy with 19 and I want to extend my thanks to you for joining as a owner/breeder/handler/groomer. I am postitive we will value your imput! I have six myself and besides working full time as a Computer Systems Engineer I am a owner/breeder/handler/groomer but newer to the business, two years in handling and breeding, owner and groomer over 25 years. Thanks again for joining.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts