Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Very interested in this as my husband wants to get a Standard later on and get into showing.

What is a good tail set?

Finnigan has a very very high tail that is docked but a longer dock, his tail curls and comes very close to touching his back at all times. His tail doesn't hang like other dogs I've seen. It's a curly tail...

How thin should the face be for miniatures and toys? Finnigan also has a very lean long face, esp for a miniature.

What should the ears be like?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think Finn's curly tail is cute, but I had a feeling it was too curly. The breeders did tell me he was the least show quality of the bunch and his tail wasn't quite right. We didn't pick him because of showing, we picked the most laid back of the puppies.

When he walks his tail CURLS big time. It's straight only when he sleeps. But, it is pretty dang cute.

Thanks for the website, will come in handy when picking our next dog, plus it's an interesting read to know more about the breed.

His tail is not thick at the root, it's kinda thin, is this bad for his health? Or is it curly because the dock is pretty long?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.