Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Actually, you can never go by a photo, some photos can make a nice dog look crappy, and an average dog look quality. Although I have had to do the same in the past but these show ppl I knew and trusted.

A show pup really can be only sold as show potential, they can start off really nice then end up pet quality through changing all the time. You just have to hope they continue to grow as nice as they started. Im sorry guys but those pics posted of puppies laying down show you nothing about the dog only that they is cute. You need stacking shots, movement shots from front, behind and side angel. Temperament is the first thing I look for, without the temperament then its not a show dog. Then I look for attitude, if they dont have that proud attitude they sometimes dont look the part in the ring, then after that I pick the dog to pieces.

As PP said, there is no perfect dog out there. Everydog will have a fault, you just have to find the ones with the less amount of faults. A good breeder will know what to recognise in their puppies.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.