Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, apparently I didn't latch Captain's crate all the way before we left for swim lessons, he was out in the living room/dining room when we got back. He got into the garbage and there was some chocolate that had bloomed thrown in the garbage. He ate some of it. :doh: Should we make him throw up, or not worry about it? Would it have been an automatic reaction?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,266 Posts
While I wouldn't do it deliberately, many years ago when my son was a teenager, he wrapped up chocolates with the liqueur inside them and a box of turtles -- in Christmas wrap and put them under the Christmas tree!!

He was surprised (!!) when I told him that when I came home, the wrappings were torn in bits and Tansy, my Golden Retriever had eaten the chocolates!!

She had no reaction whatsoever and they were two full boxes of chocolates!!

I was astounded that anyone could possibly think that a fancy Christmas paper wrapping would stop a Golden from knowing there was food inside!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
If you think he ate a lot, I would give him some hydrogen peroxide to make him throw it up. If it wasn't too much, I would just wait and see. My Brandy is just crazy about sweets in general and chocolate in particular and I am not kidding!!!! I can't leave any out, it has to be in the cabinet behind closed doors!!! When she was a puppy she and Romeo were in the car waiting for me. I was doing some shopping and in a small bag had a godiva chocolate bar that was sealed and wrapped. Well, when I got into the car I would say a good 2/3 of it were eaten by her and it was dark, as I don't eat milk. I just decided to wait and see, didn't make her throw it up. The entire evening she was running around and playing like she was on speed, energizer bunny move over. After several hours of this she just went to sleep and got up in the morning no worse for the wear. But this is just her story. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll keep an eye on him for the rest of the day. I was pleasantly surprised when there weren't any pee or poo surprises out for us, since that's what happened the last time he got left out accidentally. Thanks for the advice.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top