Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Beau 1yr old Mini Poodle
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beau is only the 2nd one of my dogs that I have actually named myself. The 1st was my pit bull Max, a shelter dog who was called (not even kidding) Muttly by the shelter staff. I chose the name Max because he was sick and weak and I wanted to give him a big strong name. I wish I was more creative when it came to naming my pets, but about the most creative I ever got was a pair of domestic rats that I named Elvis & Ozzy.

Anyway the first full day we had Beau home my Mom and I talked about names, and couldn't come up with anything we liked. So I took to the internet and came up with a list of really cute names that we both liked . . . Oskar, Simon, and Eddie were at the top of the list, but nothing clicked. The whole time I had been on the web (over an hour) the name Beau just kept popping into my thoughts. But I really wanted to pick an "uncommon" name this time, I mean our last 3 dogs were Charlie, Lilly, and Max :) . Still the name Beau just kept coming back to me. We had pretty much decided on calling him Simon, but it just didn't fit him. Finally I just looked down at him and said "Beau", and he popped his little head up and looked at me like all right Mom you figured it out :giggle:.

My sweet little Beau (aka bobo, little man, pupper, and silly puppy :LOL:)

·
Premium Member
6,845 Posts
20200718_140758.jpg

Mr. Leonard Pink, my white toy is name after many Leonards I love including the Heavy Metal Poodle loving Poodle in Secret Life Of Pets, the Pink is because he is the first boy after six female poodles, Miss Pia Maria , my silver toy,Is a nod to my Scandinavian heritage, Princess Beatrice, my cafe au lait toy, was named because I always teased and called her Gracie.. Princess Grace... that is the chi mix in the back

·
Registered
Beau 1yr old Mini Poodle
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww look at those little sweeties :).

·
Registered
591 Posts
Raven was going to be Lacey (Wilderness Chantilly Lace) but when I got her home she was such a tomboy, Lacey just didn’t fit so She is Wilderness Ravenliegh Haze. Wren was called Bear by the original owner. He is so tall and lanky that didn’t fit him at all to me so I called him Wren. I wanted to stay with the bird theme and the the sound of Wren went well with Raven, Celtic Baron’s Winter Wren with the Baron as an homage to his original name which had never been registered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts