Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

Our spoo, Oliver, will be 4 months old on Sept 4...FYI. He is a wonderful dog but plays a little too rough. Not in a mean way, but still too rough. A lot of the time, when we try to pet him, he is turning his head this way and that way trying to bite or nibble our hands. He also loves playing chase with my children but is just too rough on them. He jumps at their backs...since they are running from him...and 9 times out of 10 rips a hole in their shirt...don't even get me started on the number of shirts both of my children now have with a tiny little hole/tooth rip in the back.

Like I said, he isn't being mean just too rough. We tell him "no" and "down" but this behavior continues. What should we be doing or saying to actually get him to stop doing this. My kids say put him in time out...but I'm afraid he just won't understand the concept. LOL!

Also, is this just normal puppy play? Something he needs to learn to stop doing, but still just puppy play?

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

I have been doing exactly what you have suggested it is slowly starting to work. I think my children don't want to hurt his feelings!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts