Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Jaanu wasn't feeling well, so we needed to postpone his grooming appt. and the next available appt. is Dec 8th. This means that his hair will get a bit longer than normal, and therefore might begin to fall in front of his eyes. I don't want to use regular hair clips to hold up his hair since I am worried that due to their small size it could fall off and be eaten by him. So, I was wondering, what products you all use to keep your dogs' hair of of their eyes? It's not long enough to do a real topnot. Thanks!

·
Registered
446 Posts
When Raffi was growing out his tk I used the tiny elastics from the dollar store. I put them in a kind of spiderweb shape, each just very small. So one above each eye, that led into three, that led into two I think.
We were both still learning so they were often lopsided or slipped out a bit, but they did keep the hair out if his eyes!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I used left over bands that my kids had from their orthodontic braces. Usually my dogs had enough hair to do do two little devil horns. It helped to wet the hair with your grooming spray. Just a dab on your fingers applied to each little horn helped keep the wisps at bay. He was about 6 months old.
camera.1112 (1).jpg

·
Registered
783 Posts
I find that the bands come out if I wrap around twice, and stay in if wrapped three times. This is for devil horn length above each eye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts