Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here. The last dog that I had was a spoo and she lived a long life with our family and was very loved. I'm hoping to get a new spoo puppy soon. The litter is not yet born, but the dogs have been bred. I have information on the dame and sire and would like to look up COI and Wycliffe. How do I go about this?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of your former spoo. Hopefully others will chime in. In the past I've used Poodle Health Registry. Registration is required, then you can search the dam and sire. I forget if it has a COI calculator, but I believe it will run the predicted COI (5 and 10 generation) if/when you add your dog.

COI and Wycliffe are useful but becoming outdated. More cutting edge breeders are working with VGL at UC-Davis, utilizing more sophisticated tools to measure inbreeding and rarity to conserve genes. The project is called BetterBred. If your breeder is signed on, s/he should have better info to share about the litter.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I've tried to create an account on the Poodle Health Registry since around the time I started the Breeder List Project a few months ago. There doesn't seem to be anyone home. I've never received a response that my account would be created.
"Your registration information has been emailed to the site manager. If your information is complete, you will receive an email when the account is ready for use. If you have not received an email within 48 hours contact [email protected]."

I just tried again and will update if I should get a response. I'd also tried the [email protected] route before w/o success.
This link sort of works but is broken out by disease or condition and doesn't offer a large response.

I also just attempted to register again on the toy/mini database
and
the standard poodle database

I'll update if I get any response from any of the three.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the same problem in trying to register with the Poodle Health Registry a month ago. I tried again yesterday and discovered an error that I may have made. I'll know in a couple of days if I solved the problem.
I have also understood that the PHR is maintained by volunteers on their personal computers, and I can understand if something has happened to their ability to do so. Especially in these troubled times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not heard back from PHR. Was it a separate process to get access to the Standard Poodle Data Base or did you (Rose N Poos) just do the overall PHR and received the one response for the Standard Poodles?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Rose - is PHR dead? Where has everyone migrated to?
I don't know what's happened. I'd always assumed it was open to the public, registering for a log in notwithstanding, but when I finally tried, absolutely no response. I'm sending one last email to a contact listed but I don't have hope.

The only link to PHR that works even a bit is the one above where you choose by variety then condition and get very limited data. PHR Start Here to View Registered Poodles!
The mini and toy database uses the same reg form with only crickets there also so far as registering is concerned.

Poodle Pedigree Database has become a closed FB group which one must join but it appears that it's not particularly active, so I haven't tried that.

I have not heard back from PHR. Was it a separate process to get access to the Standard Poodle Data Base or did you (Rose N Poos) just do the overall PHR and received the one response for the Standard Poodles?
The Standard Poodle Database seems to be a separate entity, but at least someone or something is alive there. Use the link to get to that database and register. Standard Poodle Database

---------------

Probably unrelated but any website link to Poodles De Grenier has become "not found" since the 29th of June 2020, probably earlier than that but that's the date I marked as no longer working. This was the website of a breeder who was working very seriously with poodle genetic diversity and a lot of excellent information is just not there anymore. There is no there, there.

The Standard Poodle Project is another site that seems to be abandoned, The Poodle History Project, same. Many valuable resources just seem to be stalled or forgotten.

I think our best bet is to contact one of our breeder members to see if they have some info they can share with the rest of us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. That's a lot of data floating around out there in cyberspace. Would be sad to lose it. Maybe someone very technologically inclined could rescue it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts