Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard poodle and I groom him myself. I like him to have a clean face. But the hair above his eyes doesn’t grow away from his eyes and it’s always in his eyes. Any advise on how to groom his face/eyes/head to prevent this?
THANKS!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can you post a picture of what you are talking about?

Many people use hair bands to keep a longer top knot out of the eyes/face (see my avatar photo of Violet with a band). If you don't like putting pony tails on your dog, then a shorter hair style is probably what you need. What color of hair, and is it harsh or limp? What overall clip are you going for?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Noodle has very soft curls that grow right into her eyes,
so I have to keep the poof on her forehead pretty short, when I groom I tend to scissor it to blend up.
She just got groomed and he shaved up over her eyebrows, then blended it in up to her crown.
This way I think I will be able to grow it longer.

20200322_022034.jpg
20200322_021638.jpg

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
In order for me to keep the hair from my girls eyes I have to keep a scissors handy and just trim as needed. Once they move around a bit the hair seems to fall naturally and makes what needs to be trimmed a little easier. I groom at home to save money so my grooming goes on for several days. It takes me awhile to get them looking right. Then too, sometimes not so right
Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts