Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,553 Posts
Here's a list of UK titles. I'm not in the UK, so forgive me if this isn't an accurate list.

CH = Champion
CC = Challenge Certificate (3 legs needs for CH); can also be a Coursing Champion
RCC = Reserve CC (runner up)
BOB = Best of Breed

·
Premium Member
4,553 Posts
At least in the US, the CH title is earned on a point system. You typically have to get BOB in several shows to earn enough points to get the CH title. I imagine it's similar in the UK, though the points and calculations may vary.

And with this, we've pretty much exhausted my knowledge of dog shows, lol. I watched a friend go through it with a non-poodle, and it was a lot of work, a lot of money, and a lot of sucking up to judges.

·
Premium Member
4,553 Posts
Do you know what the difference is between 'the kennel club' 'the united kennel club' and 'the american kennel club'? Can dogs be registered with all 3? Should they?
AKC and UKC are competitors in the US. The Kennel Club is the UK equivalent (I believe).

To make it more confusing, the breed standards are written by breed clubs (e.g. The Poodle Club of America). The breed clubs come together to support the respective kennel club (e.g. American Kennel Club). Some people don't like the breed standard or the politics of the kennel club, so they start their own. I wish we still had breeders and handlers here on PF to counter my cynicism.

As for how many of these clubs one should register with, one should be sufficient. I don't understand how it works with European dogs show in the US or Canada and vice versa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.