Poodle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am looking for a breeder at the moment and have sent a few emails out, but would like to be able to do some of my own research. For example, one breeder has given me the names of the future dam and sire. I would like to look them both up.

Regarding titles, I think 'cc name' means they are a champion, right? That's the best? What does '2x reserved cc' mean? Surely that just means second place in two shows? Not championship? Are there other titles I should know? I don't understand showing at all... i have through some good old fashioned IT skills managed to dig up a few critiques on some breeders poodles, but it's been a real slow slog... is there any one place I could look at all critiques for certain dogs?

Registries! There are so many different websites... i even signed up to one and then couldn't figure out how to search a particular dog. AKC registry I have been unable to find any dog by typing their full name in, even ones which are apparently champions. I have tried just using the affix for this too and still can't find a particular dog, though some others with that affix are listed? Is there a website that will show me problems like addisons on the pedigree? Can I work out COI percentage and Wycliffe myself or can only the breeder have this done?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know what the difference is between 'the kennel club' 'the united kennel club' and 'the american kennel club'? Can dogs be registered with all 3? Should they?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.