Poodle Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I sent Skylar’s link to my nearest and dearest. DH, bless his heart, was wiping everything out outside. He may not be the best shopper - I feel like a contestant on “Chopped” with his selections, but he wipes everything down before he brings it inside.
. I’m glad you’re sharing it. But I’m very proud to jea your DH was following through wiping down everything. Sounds like you’ll be creative in the kitchen.

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
An excerpt from an email I just received from our Washington State Department of Health:

Groceries and food production: Grocery stores are open because they are essential businesses, but we still need to limit our time out of the house. Consider using grocery delivery services, or limit your grocery shopping to one trip a week. When you return home from the grocery store, please thoroughly wash your hands, but there is no reason to try to disinfect your groceries.

Agriculture and food production are also considered essential activities. This is to make sure food continues fill our grocery stores and food banks. Deliveries to grocery stores are continuing steadily, and farmers, ranchers, and food processors are producing plenty to meet our needs. There is no need to worry about shortages, and no need to stock up, other than to make sure you don’t have to leave the house more than once each week.

As always, I'm left not knowing whose advice to follow. :(

I promptly dispose of any outer packaging and wash my hands and the countertop, but otherwise haven't done much different when unloading groceries. Then again, I'm just recovering from being ill so perhaps I've been cutting corners I shouldn't. Obviously I caught a bug somewhere.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
You probably remember learning how to scrub for the OR.... I remember being so excited when I came to that rotation until I had to start scrubbing with harsh detergent and a brush. OMG my poor hands, working in the OR was not for my hands.
For sure, me too!

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
12,223 Posts
I am lucky enough to live in an area with soft water, which helps a lot with hand care, but I have also been using the olive oil soap I buy in bulk for making washing powder. The one I use is Oliva - I am allergic to a lot of soaps and detergents, which is why I make my own laundry stuff, but this soap is both gentle and moisturising, even when used many times a day. Might be worth a try, if you can find any anywhere.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Thanks FJM! I found it on Amazon but I’m going to check the coop first. The olive oil sounds soothing.

Reactions: Skylar

·
Registered
12,223 Posts
It does go soggy quickly - I chop it into smallish pieces to avoid waste.

·
Registered
480 Posts
An excerpt from an email I just received from our Washington State Department of Health:

Groceries and food production: Grocery stores are open because they are essential businesses, but we still need to limit our time out of the house. Consider using grocery delivery services, or limit your grocery shopping to one trip a week. When you return home from the grocery store, please thoroughly wash your hands, but there is no reason to try to disinfect your groceries.

Agriculture and food production are also considered essential activities. This is to make sure food continues fill our grocery stores and food banks. Deliveries to grocery stores are continuing steadily, and farmers, ranchers, and food processors are producing plenty to meet our needs. There is no need to worry about shortages, and no need to stock up, other than to make sure you don’t have to leave the house more than once each week.

As always, I'm left not knowing whose advice to follow. :(

I promptly dispose of any outer packaging and wash my hands and the countertop, but otherwise haven't done much different when unloading groceries. Then again, I'm just recovering from being ill so perhaps I've been cutting corners I shouldn't. Obviously I caught a bug somewhere.
Totally agree that there's too much confusing advice. We're erring on the side of caution. Our non-refrigerator items now sit in the garage for two weeks. Items that come inside get sprayed and cleaned.

·
Super Moderator
3,026 Posts
Totally agree that there's too much confusing advice. We're erring on the side of caution...
Yes, at first they said we don't need face masks unless we're infected or working in a medical setting. Now they say everyone should wear face masks which are out of stock. And lil' old me, wearing two belly bands velcro'd together. 😷🙃😉

·
Registered
480 Posts
I posted this on the wrong page. Sorry.

Amazon doesn't allow vendors to sell facemasks, so they're listing them as other products. I included the link but hope that it will be taken down soon by Ammie so I included some of the copy. I couldn't copy the pink mask. These are listed under 'placemats.'

Milkshake Moment - Vintage Retro Milkshake with A Cherry On Top Pink s Placemats Washable Woven Vinyl PVC Placemats Heat Resistant for Kitchen Dinning Thanksgiving & Christmas Table

List Price:$26.00
Price:$6.99 + $5.99 shipping
You Save:$19.01 (73%)

Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

100% polyester
Equipped With Two Pieces Of Activated Carbon Filter With 5 Layers Of Replaceable Protection
Very soft, breathable, water-repellent, washable
suitable For Most Adults,size Can Be Adjusted To Meet The Most Head Type.
Fit Most People For Outdoor, Living In Or Travelling To Areas With High Air Pollution Levels.

·
Registered
480 Posts
That's very clever - and look where they categorized it. How on earth did you find it? Were you looking for a place mat?

View attachment 465667
Good, you got a real screenshot. I had problems on my tablet.

I belong to a Goodreads group for participants of the Amazon Vine Program. Members of that group seem to know everything there is to know about Amazon.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That link still works, sadly. How anyone would find it is beyond me. I also don’t really know what kind of mask it is and what it would protect you from, except to help empty your bank account.

There are standards that various masks have to meet to be used for specific purposes. The one that protects us from viruses is N95. And you want to buy it from a legitimate company that has good quality control like 3M.

Frankly if there wasn’t a shortage of N95, I would love to see people wearing them where people shop, work or take public transit. It would help limit the spread. I would happily wear one.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts