Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You put he/she into their first official 'big dog' clip out of the puppy fluff? And what was the first clip you put him/her into?

For our show dog owners, how old was your poo when you put them into their cont clip?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I think Elphie was 7-8mo old and she started her coat change ((That shes still going threw... >.< )) when we had her all trimmed up and what not
I'm not sure what the clip is called though maybe a modified lamb clip? XD lol its cute on her whatever it may be called

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Des was 4 months old when I put him in his first "big boy" clip. :) He got his FFT done at 12 weeks, but I got myself some clippers and shaved off all that fluffy puppy goodness and gave him a FFT by me when he was around 15 weeks. I put him in a pretty standard lamb trim, I think it was like... 1/4 inch on the body and slightly longer on the legs. I was using attachment combs. It was the first haircut I ever did, I was quite proud of it lol.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I had been doing Lucy's FFT two or three times a month from the day she came to me until her first real professional groom at 5 months of age. She's now just over 7 months old and is still in this clip - I am following the groomers pattern (more or less) and will hopefully get her in for one more "real" grooming before we go visit Arreau next month (Geeez, Arreau!! Can you believe that we'll be there NEXT MONTH already??? Yeah, I know it'll be the very END of the month, but still...) :) :)

Here's Lucybug's first big girl cut...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
most poodles I get in are around 4-6 months old for their first full groom.... And most I do get a snap on comb all over to keep the fuzzy puppy sorta look, but shorter and tidier. Some go straight into a lamb trim too, but rarely anything more extreme.

Show poodles get put into the CC usually right after their last show in the puppy trim (over 12 months old they can't be shown in the puppy clip anymore) so it DOES vary, depending on when their last show as a puppy is! Some are only getting cut in at right on a year old, others are 10 months old cos there's no more shows for a few months. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
You put he/she into their first official 'big dog' clip out of the puppy fluff? And what was the first clip you put him/her into?

For our show dog owners, how old was your poo when you put them into their cont clip?
My pups were put into their 1st puppy trim at 17 weeks old, but I've seen others do it even earlier.

For CC... they have to be in pattern at 12 months old but some will put them in a bit earlier, depending upon what their show plans were. Ava went into her CC at 10/11 months I think it was.

For non showing pups... I like the fluffy coats till 8 months old (but still in some trim of course) When coat change starts, off it goes!

This is such a horrible picture but it's funny... all that hair off... quite shocking!
Karen

Karen

Attachments

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I am guessing Olie was about 5 months. I have him pretty close to that Gunther Lamb cut I like so much. His leg hair is sooo long, thats never been cut.

But I did do hi top knot about a month ago, my BF wanted the tighter look and I went in a smidgen to far lol - so thats why I have not posted pics lately lol!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Zulu is getting hers tomorrow if i can find the courage! she'll go into a modified lamb/dutch about an inch on the body leave legs and i still want her topknot tied up... well see how it goes... she is about 8 1/2 months and is getting spayed soon so i don't want to have to worry abt her coat getting gross. I'll post pics of it when it is done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts