Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know standards can take up to two years to fill out, but I'm just wondering in YOUR experience, how big will a standard get if they are 25" at 6 months? Is this average for that age?

I don't know a lot about Piper's parents other than the fact that the mother was small (compared to most standards I have seen). Dad was not on site, so not sure about him.

I will post a few pictures of her after monday. Right now she needs a haircut and has an e-collar on due to her being spayed monday.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
It is so dependent on the individual lines that it is hard to predict. Sabrina comes from a very late maturing line. Her daughter Izze was 19" at a year and went on to grow 2 more inches. Delilah comes from a very early maturing line and she had most of her size by 6 months though she did continue to change in other physical ways.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Henry achieved most of his height by 8-10 months. He continued to fill out, and possibly grew a bit taller, up until very recently. (He just turned two).

I would say by 10 months you will have a pretty decent idea of how big she will get (within an inch or two of height, and with some filling out to do).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts