Poodle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I estimate Mia (12 years young this Saturday!) eats around 900 kcal/day. I'll get a more accurate reading in the near future, but I wanted to check in with other senior poodle owners. This aligns with the food calculator that was posted recently. Mia still walks for about an hour every day, or around 2.5-3 miles total.

Registered
Sorry, can't help with the calorie info, but would like to wish Mia a happy 12th birthday on PF 馃帀 Hope she got some extra treats and attention!

Premium Member
Happy birthday Mia! Can't help with standard poodle calories but Sophy, walking similar distances, needs much the same level of calories as she always has. She does expend some extra energy running and playing in short bursts with Freddy, of course. There seems to be a general consensus that older dogs need to get more of their calories from protein, with animal protein sources the most easily digested, so it may be worth looking at carbohydrate levels in her food and perhaps swapping in some lean meat or eggs.

Reactions: Liz

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I'll post a birthday thread in a bit... despite the visit with the vet, Mia had a great day and the weekend isn't over yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts