Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious how much your miniature poodles weigh? My guy is 5 month old and weighs 11.5 pounds. I am wondering if he is on target. He is lean, but not too skinny. At four month old he was 12 inches at the shoulder, but I haven't measured him since then (I will have to do this tonight!).

·
Registered
681 Posts
Captain is approximately 15-16 lbs full grown. He is about 15 inches at the shoulder, maybe a little less, he was squirmy at his last vet visit.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Teddy is 10 months old, 13 inches tall (I think--he was squirming) and 12.5 lbs.

IIRC, he was only 10 inches tall at around 5 months and weighed around 9 lbs. He's a small mini.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, a lot of small minis!

I would love for Jager to end up around 15 or 16 pounds like Captain. At what age did he stop growing?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Captain is the largest from his litter, we got him when he was older, but the breeder said he was 11 months old when he finished growing. His sister is about 12.5 inches tall and 10 lbs. His sire is another larger mini, 15 inches and 16 lbs.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Beau was the smallest in a litter of three, and weighed 12.5 lbs when we brought him home at 6 mos. He's grown a bit in the two months he's lived with us, but I'm not sure how tall he is. I recently took him back to the breeder, who is also a groomer, and when I picked him up after his haircut the breeder was surprised how big he had grown. He's now as big or bigger than his sibllings. As far as we're concerned, he's the perfect size.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am curious how much your miniature poodles weigh? My guy is 5 month old and weighs 11.5 pounds. I am wondering if he is on target. He is lean, but not too skinny. At four month old he was 12 inches at the shoulder, but I haven't measured him since then (I will have to do this tonight!).
I have a male miniature poodle who will be 9 months old in about 10 days who weighs 22.8 lbs and is nearly 17 inches tall

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Zoe weighs 11 lbs. She is too small to be shown successfully - she used to look like a toy poodle compared to the other bitches in the ring!

·
Registered
469 Posts
7 months & 16 lb

His legs are finally really long and he's enjoying his Super Poodle Power to jump and leap.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
17 months and 15 lbs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Our Mimi (22 months) is 5,1kg and Franz (10 months) is 6,2kg.
Yay for metric system! I always get confused when the others are talking about inches and pounds! Do you mind me asking how tall they are from toe to shoulder?

and a little off-topic the sire of my future pup (im on a waiting list) is imported from Finland :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yay for metric system! I always get confused when the others are talking about inches and pounds! Do you mind me asking how tall they are from toe to shoulder?

and a little off-topic the sire of my future pup (im on a waiting list) is imported from Finland :)
Mimi 31cm and Franz 36cm.

Oh, cool 🤩 can you remember the name of finnish breeder?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts