Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted on the Rottie forum that their three dogs (all 100+lbs) eat a combined total of 180lbs of Orijen dog food, per month. That seemed like an awful lot to me considering the ages and activity level of their dogs, plus I thought the better the quality of the food the less you had to feed. A 40lb bag last me the whole month and it's not the greatest brand in the world (not the worst either). That's for Harley and Bailey; Harley weighs over 100lbs and is moderately active. I was just wondering how much dog food you guys go through a month.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
At the moment with my two at home they eat 33 pounds a month.
The male is 48 pounds and the female is 30 pounds.
They get a moderate exercise, and can also run free in the garden.
I feed them Hills

·
Registered
159 Posts
I go through about 80 lbs of Taste of the Wild a month with my 3. I have a 50 lb lab, 36 lb Spoo puppy, and an 8 lb Mini Schnauzer.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I am really guessing here, but I am thinking around 50-60 lbs thats with the Poms eating some too which is not much. Right now they are 35 & 40 lbs. Suri is a thin girl:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
My miniature poodle is about ten pounds. She eats a little less than 1/4 cup twice a day. A five pound bag of Orijen or Evo lasts about two months.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I feed Harry 1 cup twice a day. It's probably a bit more than 1 cup because I do a really full cup.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I know this doesnt help :D, but Riley eats 1 1/2-2lbs a day. I would guess about 2-3 cups a day kibble would suffice for him?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow I think I am underfeeding my dogs yet they both seem to be gaining weight and look good.

On taste of the wild that big bag would last a month.
I know feed kirkland do to price and they BOTH get 1plus cup 2xs a day. Mandy doesn't always finish but Casey does.
That 40 lb bag lasts a full month.
Sounds like some people have a lot of poop to clean up because I know my guys if Casey eats to much food he gets the runs and poops way to much.
Mandy I can't get to eat to much She just leaves it

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
My guys eat raw and between the four of them (Vinnie=22#, Frank and Betty=14# each, Robin=33#) they eat about two pounds a day.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't know exact lbs per month, since I never noticed quite how long a bag lasts. I'm going to guess that a 30lb bag of Orijen Large Puppy will last him about a month or a month and a half. That sounds about right... He's 50 lbs right now and eats around 3/4 cup 3 times a day (which he doesn't always finish, so sometimes less). He's a very good weight, very muscular, healthy, and strong. :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I don't know how long a bag lasts either... Paris gets 2-3 cups a day, but doesn't always eat it, and Riki gets about 1/2-2/3s of a cup a day.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My guys eat raw and between the four of them (Vinnie=22#, Frank and Betty=14# each, Robin=33#) they eat about two pounds a day.
Both Jagger and Peyton also each about 2 lbs. raw/day also... They have small/minimal/odorless poops that dry up and blow away in the summer-Priceless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts