Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would get more responses here then on the grooming board. I know this will probably vary aLot! What size is your poodle and how much do you get charged (or charge if your a groomer) for a FULL grooming?

I go to a private lady for Riley (standard) and its just her. She charges me 65$ for a full groom, but with tip i pay a round 70$. She was talking of upping it recently, but we shall see. Im one of those people who doesnt go frequently though. We might only go a couple times a year, but she loves Riley and knows us very well. I completely trust her though, and have been through Many groomers in the past.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
When I used to take Harry to be groomed it was around $65 for a full groom. We are talking a kennel clip, nothing special and bath and nails.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
minis and toys I charge about $50 for a generic clip (4F or 5/8" either all over or just the body, possibly a snap on comb over the legs, lil head, ears and tail with shaved FFT too) if it's to have more scissoring it's generally more, obviously
Standards vary a bit, I do Jaks girl for $60 cos she's always in immaculate condition and I KNOW I can throw her straight into the bath and after drying there I can run a snap on comb over her without even thinking twice about knots! haha! And he's a friend ;)
I have a couple of other regular clients I charge $70-$80 for though too.

These *are* all in NZ dollars, but I have found number to be very transferable to overseas, despite the actual price difference (ie about half of NZ$ is what the real US $$ is!) due to the difference in ecomony etc here. :)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
$40 for a toy/puppy and up to as much as you want to pay for everything else. This is New York, after all. :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have only had my standard done twice when she was under 6 months. It cost $150 at one place and the other place would charge almost that much since she is over 6 months now. Needless to say, I do my own grooming:) Not to mention, they killed her topknot which we are still trying to grow back.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I do my sizes by small poodles and standard poodles. I don't allow for toy and mini b/c people here are crazy and there are two many 14 inch 30 pound "toy" poodles walking around ROFL.

small poodles 40/45 and up (patterns or more hair = more $$ )

standards 75 and up (50 for fft if they are short)

I also raise the price by Alot IF you're one of those every so often type people. My prices are based on haircuts that are done at least monthly and I give special rates to people who come for in between type trims at two or three week intervals. The all over clips can go six weeks if they are coming every three weeks and prices are lower for both services. I try and be fair and keep my sanity at the same time.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I have only had my standard done twice when she was under 6 months. It cost $150 at one place and the other place would charge almost that much since she is over 6 months now. Needless to say, I do my own grooming:) Not to mention, they killed her topknot which we are still trying to grow back.
Wow, I live in the wrong state, I need to move where you are and groom LoL. I only have one client who pays that much and it's because her dog is in a complex trim and is usually an all day, only dog of the day type groom.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Standards vary a bit, I do Jaks girl for $60 cos she's always in immaculate condition and I KNOW I can throw her straight into the bath and after drying there I can run a snap on comb over her without even thinking twice about knots! haha! And he's a friend ;)
Lol, already answered!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Yowza!

The woman I go to lives a few blocks from us, my neighbor recommended her (neighbor has a westie). She charges $35.00 for a full groom for either dog, that includes the trim, bath, dremel, blow-out.

She is awesome and I often stay and chit chat while she does the boys...of course I bring coffees. :)

She is going to bathe/blow out/scissor Flip Friday for me before our big Agility Demo on Saturday Morning.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Around here the norm seems to be $85-$90 for a full groom on a standard poodle (without tip) With two standard poodles now, needless to say I am trying to learn to groom them myself!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
LOL I lose my ass on standard poodles . .. I only charge $50 because I LOVE to work on them. But . . . .I make it up on other breeds - I think it all evens out in the end. One groomer in my area who actually knows how to do poodles (most can't scissor if their life depended on it) charges upwards of $100.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have paid $45 at two different groomers for fft, ears, bath and blow out for my standard. He gets lots of brushing and has never had any mats (knock on wood!).

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
We pay $50 each for our standards. A lovely lady does them at her home, and while its a very basic trim, they always look great.
We've paid as much as $150 for Matrix, and while he looks amazing...just not worth it!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts