Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my spoo is a bit over 5 months (23 weeks) and is about 33-35 pounds and mebbe 19-20 ish at the shoulder (how does one keep a puppy still!)

it's been a while since i've had a larger dog (i have 2 cairns and my bonus dog, a labx, is 9 mos) and i'm not sure how much growing a larger dog does and when they reach the end of their main growing.

since i'm not sure about eva, my lab x's heritage, i'm not sure when and how much more she'll go. my cairns slowed down by 6-9 months being small dogs.

since lots of you have spoos, you know the general growth pattern. temperance is a bit taller than my lab x who is about 50 pounds.

just wondering what more to expect!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
She might have some more growing to do. I found Matrix stopped growing at about 7-8 months, but filled out some and lost the puppy face at about a year and a half old.

·
Registered
207 Posts
my boy

Lincoln seemed to stop putting on weight around 6 months. He is 61 pounds and 9 months. I think he is about done growing. He grew much faster than I anticipated.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I found Desmond stopped growing at around 10 months, but has been filling out (he's 13.5 months now).
Your doggy may have quite a bit left to go, do you know how big his parents were? I bet he'll get to be several inches taller, I think Desmond was about 19 inches at that age, he's 25 last time I checked, which was actually when he was 8.5 months.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, like i said it's been years since i've had bigger dogs and it seemed my smaller breed (cairn terrier) reached their adult size fairly young.

her mama seemed to be fairly tall and slender. the daddy wasn't on the premises when i was there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts