Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have just one and it's in my living room. I have a good sized living room so I was setting up a little grooming area that I'm going to block off with a partition when I'm not using it. I was thinking about drying though. Pretty soon I'll be getting a forced air dryer and I don't want all that water on my tile so that the kids slip on it. I'm going to need to set up an area in the garage for drying but I cannot stay out there because of the kids. I'm thinking I need another grooming table.:doh:

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Only have one for now and it's also not in the best spot - but it will work for now... It's located in a spot where I'm still part of the goings-on in the house - eventually I'd like to move it to the basement (especially after I get a dryer!) but then I'm not going to be where the action is at my house. My basement is a walk-out so it has plenty of daylight and it's nice there but no one is ever down there, so I'd feel lonely... :( lol!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean. Who is going to hang out with me in the garage when I'm grooming? I'm going to need a radio or something.

·
Registered
646 Posts
LOL the dog will be hanging with you. Enjoy the quiet of know MOMMA she hit me and Momma he is looking at me funny.
Actually I enjoy the time with just my dog and I. I get a lot thought out and time to bond with the dog alone.

Oh and up untill last month had 2 one is sunroom one it basement.
Now only 1 in garage.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to turn our covered patio into a sunroom. That would solve all problems.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
FE - you win!! :biggrin:

I have two - I have a smaller table that stays in the shower - I put Vinnie up on it to bathe him and then I put him on my big table in the grooming area. I don't have a raised tub yet, so that worked out great for me.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I did buy one of those raised plastic tubs and I love it At first I thought it looked cheap But I have owned it for four years now and it still is great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
one, at work.
technically not mine though, lol.

So i personally have ZERO!
i want one. but as of now, i have nowhere to put it...lol

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I won't own up to how many tables I own, suffice it to say it's several but I only use one as of right now. The rest are usualy used for traveling.

Do you have a tub out in the garage to bathe in or are you bathing in a bath tub like in the bathroom? I do about 90% of my drying in the tub, I have a waist high one that my husband got me and modified. (Awsome and cost all of 100 bucks) I didn't have it last month though so was using my regualr tub in the master bath. Since poodles don't really shed it wasn't an issue with hair. I just pulled up a step stool and once plopped myself down on the bathmat on the floor and force dried Jazz in the bathroom still in tub. I blow dry my clients in the waist high tub now, and then finish them on my grooming table. By the time I put them on the grooming table usualy just head and feet are wet-ish and they may be damp on the body but not dripping. I have a big pet peeve about standing water on my table and I also don't want to blow it all over any of my grooming tools that sit nearby. Since I make my living with those it wouldn't do to damage any of them.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have a shower in my grooming area in the basement and have a grooming table in the shower to bathe Vinnie. I would really like to have a raised tub put in there someday (before Poodle #2!!).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts