Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when it comes to spoiling your pets? I honestly spend at least half or more of my paycheck on them (bills come first and household needs of course), it's crazy! They have toys, collars, cat condo, beds, shampoo, frontline, many assorted grooming supplies, litter boxes, cat food (dry and wet), dog food, leashes, flea collars, you name it! Spoiled.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Ha, ha. You are OBSESSED, MM. LOL My dogs are comfortable but not spoiled. Too many things to pay for in a bad economy; especially when you own your own home and 10 acres of land to maintain. Then, of course, there is the horse and two cats as well. If I only had the dogs, I probably would be just as guilty!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah I wouldn't go that far as spending half my paycheck or more, they get a lot of treats and toys from a dollar store (everythings a dollar!!) most expensive is the large bed for the spoo and dog food on a weekly basis. Other than that, I find deals!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm guilty too about spoiling ours with toys. It has gotten so bad that if we go shopping, as we are carrying in our bags of groceries or whatever, our dogs are checking out the bags to see what we have bought for them, they especially like squeek toys. When we do come home w/o something for them we get this poor me look from them, like we have really deprived them from something. They try to put this guilt trip on us. Don't know why, but ours for some reason will tear up squeek toys from the $ store, but do not tear up toys from other places, I find this sort of odd. At first I thought it was because they were from China, but then noticed that so were a lot of their other toys.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Not too guilty, but I am like that with my human children. :)

Don't feel too badly for Bella, though, she's well-taken care of. Of course I spent a lot the first month, but aside from ongoing food/vet/training she's pretty set.

Plus she destroyed the bed I bought her. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
this is funny. That was my plan for today was to go shopping for my penny. I had an idea to go buy her some dogswell treats, a new collar and leash, and maybe another toy for her. But she is my only daughter and i do spoil her. I always told my mom "when i have children there going to have the minimum amount of toys,well when there babies and so forth. they do not need as many toys as my little sister. two rooms filled." Hah, i can only imagine now. i spoil my dog this way imagine my children. Oh well, shopping fun when its not for me. But knowing that the ones i love are happy, I am happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts