Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are dealing with the Southeastern USA Snowstorm right now and it just really started picking up here (they say we have about 12-18 more hours of this) thety are expecting between 4 and 7 inches in my town. Sasha is loving it but Zack isn't too sure about it this time.

I hope to have some good pictures taken of the pups in the snow over the next few days as well.

My question is How do your dogs like the snow?

also Anyone else dealing with this snow storm system?

Last time we had this much snow in the area was back in 2003 I believe. (Some nearby towns have what I believe i heard to be 3 and 4 inches already)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine really hadn't seen snow until we went to Gatlinburg Tn last Easter, but I don't think it counted it barely stuck. Most snows we would get would only stick in the mulch or mud. The first snow they really had an encounter with was the one from a few weeks ago. Zack took to it great and Sasha didn't know what to do. Now I think Zack is ready for summer but Sasha is loving it.

But if we get what they are saying we are going to get than they are in for a real treat. Its been several years since we had a good snow (since well before they were born, they are only 2)

I'm kind of hoping for the 4-7 inches because I know it will be nothing they have ever seen, but I am also hoping that their human sister doesn't decide to make her grand appearance until its done.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Our dog Midge, hates getting wet at all. Plus being born/raised in Hawaii, snow was a shock to her system :lol: Our poodle has never seen snow either.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Desmond adores it, he gets so happy and bouncy outside when there's snow on the ground. In the air, he couldn't care less. They say we should get somewhere between 6-10" tomorrow!! I can't wait to see if Desmond likes THAT much snow, and not just the paw-deep stuff we have right now. ;)

Definitely get pictures of your dogs in the snow! I love snow doggy pictures! :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Desmond adores it, he gets so happy and bouncy outside when there's snow on the ground. In the air, he couldn't care less. They say we should get somewhere between 6-10" tomorrow!! I can't wait to see if Desmond likes THAT much snow, and not just the paw-deep stuff we have right now. ;)

Definitely get pictures of your dogs in the snow! I love snow doggy pictures! :)
Birdie, if you don't mind me asking. How did Desmond get his name? Its not a very common name. It seems fitting for him though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lulu loves the snow, especially if we're shovelling it. She goes crazy when the shovel comes out. She chases it back and forth and if it stops, she will paw at it. She won't stop unless we tell her that's enough. Then she just watches wistfully as we continue on.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Teddy loves it! It's hard to get him to come back inside. He also seems to like the sound my boots make when walking on the snow. He tries to play with my feet. LOL

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Meau and Lucy love the snow and are unperturbed by cold temperatures or wind. My other two dogs make record time outside during the winter, but sometimes it's hard to get the poodles back in the house!! They'll spend as much time outside as I allow during the winter!! This is just a short video (less than 30 seconds, I think) of Meau & the Bug playing outside after our last dusting of snow (this is when we were fostering Sara Lee the beagle puppy - but she's rather hard to see for the mounds of snow!!) :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Thanks, Marian! I love having two poodles who like to play together (I don't know WHAT we're going to do when/if Katy moves out and takes Meau with her!!) I love your picture of Teddy, too - FACEPLANT!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
268 Posts
We are also snowed in today, and we just walked Cozi out. She loves the snow toooo much! :scared: We can never get her to come in. She leaps and bounds and kicks up snow and tries to "tackle" it lol.... So far she definitely seems like a winter dog.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lulu cast in plaster?

This is a picture I took of Lulu when she came in from the snow yesterday. We had a fairly big storm and it was snowing like the dickens!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Birdie, if you don't mind me asking. How did Desmond get his name? Its not a very common name. It seems fitting for him though.
Thanks, we like his name a lot. :)
Me and my brother were knocking around names late one night, and I mentioned I had always loved the name Charlie. It totally didn't fit him though, not at all. We joked and said we should name him Desmond, since Charlie and Desmond Hume are friends on the show LOST. After a bit of laughter, we realized that was actually a pretty cool name, and stuck with it! LOL! It does fit him though. (even if we said his name with a Scottish accent for a few days ;) ) I'm a little embarrassed since his oh-so-noble name has such a dorky background, but I'm glad we thought of it!
We also realized shortly after that Desmond is the name of the man in "Ob-la-di Ob-la-da" by the Beatles, so that sort of makes his name even more special to us. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, we like his name a lot. :)
Me and my brother were knocking around names late one night, and I mentioned I had always loved the name Charlie. It totally didn't fit him though, not at all. We joked and said we should name him Desmond, since Charlie and Desmond Hume are friends on the show LOST. After a bit of laughter, we realized that was actually a pretty cool name, and stuck with it! LOL! It does fit him though. (even if we said his name with a Scottish accent for a few days ;) ) I'm a little embarrassed since his oh-so-noble name has such a dorky background, but I'm glad we thought of it!
We also realized shortly after that Desmond is the name of the man in "Ob-la-di Ob-la-da" by the Beatles, so that sort of makes his name even more special to us. :)

When my husband saw his name he was wondering if it had to do with "lost" (he is a major fan of the show). He also loves the beatles but never would have guessed that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We're at the in-laws this weekend and Lulu has a boyfriend that she loves to play with. The howling wind has finally stopped so we went over this morning. She was crazed with him, mostly leaping and colliding against him because the snow is too deep for serious running. When I got her home her paws were so full of ice it's a wonder she could walk! I wish I would have had the presence of mind to bring the camera, but I was laughing so much I probably would have made blurry pictures anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts